CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Love the words “long-range”

Watch us trade back and pick Dyson Daniels. Lol. (Btw, I’m not a fan). 

10. Shaedon Sharpe (Kentucky, SG, Freshman)

More time to review film has led to a slight drop down the board for Sharpe. He's still a top-10 prospect because of his special leaping ability, footwork for self-creation into jumpers and dangerous shooting skills. He isn't in the top five, however, due to concerns about his handle to penetrate and low-percentage shot selection.”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2956335-2022-nba-draft-big-board-top-50-prospect-ranking-post-combine.amp.html

Junkie, you better talk to Wasserman.

6 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Sam Presti is too smart for that. There’s a reason he is one of the best GM’s in the business. 

That's the issue with Sharpe.  You go watch his film and it is at least 5 months old.  Sure you can identify problems with his handle, shot selection and defense in high school and AAU games.  But that was six months ago.  You'd think the college work at UK would have made him better than the 6 month old film.  If it didn't, that's a huge red flag.  This is one where teams are going to have to tailor his workouts to evaluate whether those items remain problems.  

The six month old film shows he's a legit 6'5", long, leap out of the gym type finisher, with a good outside stroke and the ability to generate space to get off a shot.  That puts him in the top 10 even if he didn't improve over the last 6 months in any other area... which is what Wasserman is assuming. But where does he belong if the workout shows the "gym rat" has spent the last 5 months improving his game?   

I watch him shoot and finish and I think he's a lottery ticket worth having.  Not necessarily at #1, which is why I posed the question about Carter for #4.     

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

10. Shaedon Sharpe (Kentucky, SG, Freshman)

More time to review film has led to a slight drop down the board for Sharpe. He's still a top-10 prospect because of his special leaping ability, footwork for self-creation into jumpers and dangerous shooting skills. He isn't in the top five, however, due to concerns about his handle to penetrate and low-percentage shot selection.”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2956335-2022-nba-draft-big-board-top-50-prospect-ranking-post-combine.amp.html

Junkie, you better talk to Wasserman.

I think he’s butt hurt cause Sharpe didn’t give them any attention at the Combine …if he lasts till 10 the Magic should jump all over that …I referenced the Webber/Hardaway trade earlier …nobody and I mean nobody suspected that was gonna happen …EVERYBODY thought the Magic were going Webber …as did I although in my mind I didn’t like the fit …point being that trade was a fluid situation right up until the draft itself …Well, to further after Penny worked out for the Magic and the team fell in love with him …they had to choose Webber first cause he was the “quote” best prospect …I still and haven’t seen anything to change my mind think that Sharpe is the best prospect when his comps are Anthony Edwards, Paul George etc …Sharpe will get his chance to impress the Magic brass …he says he wants to go number 1 …

Agree Wilbur 

This news has nothing to do with this year's draft but it does for next when we have the Bulls pick......

Zach LaVine undergoes surgery on left knee

Tue, May 24, 2022, 4:41 PM

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Isaac might be on a minutes count, but I don’t see Markelle, with playing half a year and having the entire offseason, being on a limited count. 

I think we go for development / winning this year. No dropping intentional losses. I think we get to the bubble or just outside. Should be a fun year. 

Markelle played in 18 games with an average of 20 minutes per game....this probably translates to like a dozen games.

To many, I have to believe, next year is his comeback year....limited minutes, about 24 per game and no back-to-backs during the first few months of the season.