CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I think dealing Carter for #4 makes sense for Sacramento.  They get a young (23) big to couple with Sabonis and the backcourt on a cheap contract.  

I just don't know if it makes sense for the Magic.  I guess it depends on how they scout Ivey, Sharpe, Mathurin, Davis and Griffin.

The Magic currently seem to have two waves of talent:

1st wave - Anthony (22), Carter (23), Fultz (23), Okeke (23), Isaac (24), Bamba (24)

2nd wave - Suggs (20), Wagner (20), #1 pick  

The Magic are currently sorting through that 1st wave.  Some of them are good players that could be a significant part of a playoff caliber team.  Of that first wave, Fultz and Isaac put the best claim on foundational piece and then promptly got injured.  Carter is the best of the rest.  If the Magic want the second wave to have as many lottery tickets as the first wave and scout any of Ivey, Sharpe, Mathurin, Davis and Griffin as a potential #1 scoring option, the Magic could decide the potential reward is worth moving on from Carter.  Carter's minutes would be consumed by the #1 pick, Okeke and Isaac... or even give Mo the tender for a year and see if he can be dumped later in the year for assets once JI and the #1 are ready for more minutes.

A second wave of Suggs, Sharpe, Wagner and Chet/Jabari is some pretty high upside stuff.  Especially if Fultz, Isaac, Okeke and Anthony are hanging around.

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Good post Dan …comps he lists are Anthony Edwards, Paul George, JR Smith …I don’t know how any Magic fan can watch that and not salivate …none on the others have comps to this level .

Words like “DOG” and “GYM RAT” …sure bodes well for future development …Weltham …don’t be the guy who passes up and regrets it down the road …just sayin’

I'm about locked in to taking Jabari #1. But do you think the Kings or Blazers would be open to a trade? We have some assets available Ross, Issac, Markelle, Cole, Bamba, Bulls 2023 pick. What would entice them to give up a lotto pick and get us Sharpe?

I like Fran, Suggs, Carter Jr and our #1 as our core pieces. Everyone else is available for the right deal.

12 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

This comedy sketch made me laugh, as I’ve said so many of these hahah. 

Scooter is a local guy (and good dude) with a national presence from these videos. Glad he's a big Magic fan as I don't think a guy from another city would put this much effort into such a video. 

31 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

I'm about locked in to taking Jabari #1. But do you think the Kings or Blazers would be open to a trade? We have some assets available Ross, Issac, Markelle, Cole, Bamba, Bulls 2023 pick. What would entice them to give up a lotto pick and get us Sharpe?

I like Fran, Suggs, Carter Jr and our #1 as our core pieces. Everyone else is available for the right deal.

I don't think we can give up anything to get Sharpe unfortunately. Too many other teams have other good pieces to get into this position. It would need to involve a Combo of Vets, Cap Relief, and 1st Round picks. They don't even have a bad contract for us to take on so I don't know if there is anything we can do to get the deal other than offer one of our good players (Suggs or Carter probably can be had). 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think dealing Carter for #4 makes sense for Sacramento.  They get a young (23) big to couple with Sabonis and the backcourt on a cheap contract.  

I just don't know if it makes sense for the Magic.  I guess it depends on how they scout Ivey, Sharpe, Mathurin, Davis and Griffin.

If we could get #4 for WCJ it would be amazing! I'd even throw in our 2nds. Banchero or Jabari PLUS Sharpe could be the haul of a lifetime!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Just for discussion sake only.  If Sacramento called and offered Orlando the 4th pick for Carter, would Orlando make that deal? 

I would do it in a heartbeat. Not sure about the front office

I love this …our GM’s doing exactly what they should …they are vets …I know the anticipation of what we are gonna do makes everyone crazy but …gotta be patient …let them work …all I know is we control everything …whoever they want they have the ability to do that and I’m sure they will …all the top prospects will get their chance to show their goods …if they’re worthy …would love a Kevin Costner type “DraftDay” pull lol …and we’ve done that before …if my memory serves it was Pat Williams who not only got Penny freakin Hardaway but THREE freakin 1st round draft picks to boot …as it says above love the rumors …it drives up the market …the more the merrier .

Sharpe's pro day drew a huge audience of decision-makers from virtually every team to watch a player very few NBA executives had seen live. Sharpe started the workout with a bang, demonstrating his impressive vertical explosiveness and near 7-foot wingspan with a series of highlight-reel-caliber finishes, before proceeding to knock down a variety of difficult pull-up jumpers and step-backs from all over the floor.

The feedback from the workout was varied. Several teams in the top 10 said they were blown away by Sharpe's overall talent level, while others said they were hoping to see other parts of his game, namely his first step and spot-up shooting ability, as they still don't know enough about him to make an accurate evaluation for how his career might look. Teams in Sharpe's range will get a closer look at him in the coming weeks in private workouts, which should provide more clarity on exactly how ready he is to help a NBA team and where he can expect to hear his name called on draft night. -- Givony

MagicTurk …all I know is if Weltham wants Sharpe he can get him …Sharpe’s name is gathering more steam by the day …I think when he gets the team workout and interview he’s gonna knock it out of the park …got a ways to go time wise though …still over a month to go …let the games begin !!!