CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

You just want Zaga guys! No, I’d be down for adding a guard with actual top level experience.

I dont have a particular affiliation for Zaga the program but I'm a fan of Nembhard and Chet. To be honest I'm not entirely sure id pick Nembhard top 40 because he's a limited athlete at the most athletic position in the NBA but he's 6'5, smart, can shoot, can pass, has experience in that winning culture. He feels like the type of guy who can stick in the league. There are probably higher upside plays at 32 and 35 though. 

Historically in these early 2nd round positions WeltHam have targeted wing players with long wing spans and at least some shooting potential (they didn't work out but that's the bill for both Melvin Frazier and Wes Iwundu). 

Guys that fit into that group:

Jalen Williams - probably a first round pick after his measurements and athletic testing so won't be there in the early second maybe a trade up target if he falls into the 20s.

Ron Harper Jr - 6'5 with a 7' wingspan. Shot 40% from 3 as a senior. Dad was an NBA player. He's not really featuring on a lot of mocks though so seems like the opinion at present is he'll go undrafted. 

Wendell Moore - Posted about him before I'd be a fan of this pick. Had a really improved junior year. Shot it a lot better and just does a lot of things that mean I think he could stick in the league.

David Roddy - More of a small ball 4/5 than a wing but he's talented. Shoots it well. He's like the anti - Chet body wise, 6'6 and 260. Doesn't really belong in this group but I've already typed it out now. 

Nikola Jovic - it'd be insane if he wasn't a 1st round pick. He should probably be closer to a lottery pick than a second rounder. But I saw him mocked to us in  Jeremy Woos recent SI mock so why not hope. 6'11 smooth jumper, can handle the ball and pass. Another skinny white guy to go with Chet and make everybody mad. 

Justin Lewis - Had a very good combine in terms of his draft stock in my opinion.  He seems like the type of guy who's only going to rise as the draft process goes along. 6'7 with a 7'2 wingspan athletic, powerful body. Can shoot it. High motor.  

Leonard Miller - super long athletic and raw kid straight out of high school. From the guys who drafted Thon Maker? Probably won't be available as a trade up target in the 1st never mind the early 2nd to be fair but if he falls who knows. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

This is the way. We have 32, 35, the Denver pick and an expiring T Ross who could help a contender. Go and get the guy you want in the late 1st don't wait and hope he'll be there at 32. 

Just from a quick glance maybe we could do something with TRoss and 32 and/or 35 for Reggie Bullock, filler and 26?

Mo Bamba is ‘likely’ to leave Orlando in free agency, per @JakeLFischer 

“The idea of incorporating Smith or Holmgren into Orlando’s rebuild has sparked an expectation among league personnel that Bamba, a restricted free agent this summer, is likely to depart the franchise.” https://t.co/D87M7Am17R

25 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is the way. We have 32, 35, the Denver pick and an expiring T Ross who could help a contender. Go and get the guy you want in the late 1st don't wait and hope he'll be there at 32. 

Just from a quick glance maybe we could do something with TRoss and 32 and/or 35 for Reggie Bullock, filler and 26?

Bucks 24th pick i reckon

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Looks like somebody ain’t settling for 4th or 5th …same thing Howard did about saying he wanted to go Number 1 …first real interview I’ve ever heard from him …enjoy !

Urgh… riverdale. Don’t draft him haha

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Mo Bamba is ‘likely’ to leave Orlando in free agency, per @JakeLFischer 

“The idea of incorporating Smith or Holmgren into Orlando’s rebuild has sparked an expectation among league personnel that Bamba, a restricted free agent this summer, is likely to depart the franchise.” https://t.co/D87M7Am17R

This good news. Sometimes it's just better that both sides move on

43 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

This good news. Sometimes it's just better that both sides move on

Can't invest more time and salary cap on Bamba, I think the FO has learned the lesson. The player's body has to project will be ready almost right away, not in 3 or 4 years. Drafting Chet (which is not going to happen) is like continuing with a Bamba type of player. Chet, in my sole opinion should stay one more college year and work on his strength among other things.

"Aleksej Pokusevski is the only other player listed in league history to stand at least 7 feet but weigh under 200 pounds, according to NBA Advanced Stats. Players this tall and this lean often have injury issues. Against Memphis center Jalen Duren, another projected lottery pick, Holmgren’s lack of strength was exposed in the final minute of the game. With the ball and up three, Holmgren caught the ball behind the arc then drove to the basket but had no bag to reach into to get by the 6-foot-10, 230-pound Duren."

I amazes me why taking Jabari isn’t that obvious to people. He’s honestly the only 2 way player in the top 3 “but chet got so much potential” I guess….

54 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I amazes me why taking Jabari isn’t that obvious to people. He’s honestly the only 2 way player in the top 3 “but chet got so much potential” I guess….

Explain to me how Chet Holmgren isn't a 2 way player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Chet, in my sole opinion should stay one more college year and work on his strength among other things.

A unanimous top 3 pick, isn't turning down a guaranteed $30m contract to go back to Gonzaga because random people on the internet think he's too skinny. 

• Upvote 1