CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Vecine saying there are substantial questions as to whether Chet’s frame will allow him to gain weight …but they add he will work hard per normal at whatever he needs .

Looks like somebody ain’t settling for 4th or 5th …same thing Howard did about saying he wanted to go Number 1 …first real interview I’ve ever heard from him …enjoy !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Looks like somebody ain’t settling for 4th or 5th …same thing Howard did about saying he wanted to go Number 1 …first real interview I’ve ever heard from him …enjoy !

Jim!!!

43 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Don't like his indecision if remain in the draft based on teams feedback or "return" to college. Uhm / Red Flag?

Another ? to me was his decision not to play in a single college game....don't get it.

And now his brass is hyping him, as they should, that he should be the # 1 overall pick.....I don't bite and I think that not one of the NBA teams with the # 1 pick would bite either.

48 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Don't like his indecision if remain in the draft based on teams feedback or "return" to college. Uhm / Red Flag?

Another ? to me was his decision not to play in a single college game....don't get it.

And now his brass is hyping him, as they should, that he should be the # 1 overall pick.....I don't bite and I think that not one of the NBA teams with the # 1 pick would bite either.

The man was the #1 player in the class of 2022 and basically gamed the system by going to college for half a semester to be able to be drafted quicker. At that point by playing, he could only hurt his stock. 

I don’t love that - he should have some fire just for the love of the game - but can’t blame him and his brass either. I would objectively give the same advice to a nephew probably, guaranteeing the money rather than dropping on the board or hurting myself significantly. 

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

He is 18 and wants assurances on draft slot before writing off playing at UK next season.  That doesn't bother me so much, especially with the *****iness of UK fans.

What was posted a few pages back is Cal didn't want to upset his team chemistry by playing a kid that joins the team in January.  So the agreement was he'd come practice, but wouldn't play.  Then at the end of the year supposedly Cal was considering playing him because he was that good.  From a competitiveness standpoint, he was getting better competition at UK in practice than he would have gotten almost anywhere else.

Athletic 2/3's with size that can shoot, dribble and pass are coveted in the NBA.  He probably won't go 1.  But if he crushes his interviews and workouts, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someone falls in love with the potential. 

I read on here a few pages ago that Smith has the "highest floor".  I've heard the argument Chet has the "highest ceiling".  I could see a team convincing itself Sharpe has a sufficiently high floor and significant upside to make him the compromise #1 overall pick. That highest floor moniker is a killer.  Remember when Okafor had the highest floor?  No team ever won a championship saying well, at least I'll get a decent roll player with the #1 pick.      

• Upvote 2

Just read where Sharpe turned down all media requests for the Detroit Pistons …they take it as a sign he thinks he’s going top 4 .

Nyce_1 …give me a call or email let’s catch up …lots to talk about 

Hi from Uruguay. jabari smith with pick 1 is a safe option. Paolo Banchero too. I don't want chet because we already have Wendell. I think a lineup of Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Jabari, Wcj to start would be very good, with Isaac playing little by little. This is not going to be our year but we have to see which players we are going to stay with in the future. The logical thing would be Suggs, Franz, Jabari and see that other players respond to what we want, like Isaac, Wcj and Fultz
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Really like Nembhard not sure if he's the type this FO would draft but I think he might stick in the league. 

You just want Zaga guys! No, I’d be down for adding a guard with actual top level experience.

11 hours ago, Natesroom said:

they picture in that article is hilarious, the lady reporter is wearing a mask under her nose and talking to a guy with no mask and they are both probably 100% vaccinated and boosted.

We live in a cartoon.