CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Forget about Chet beefing up. It’s not gonna happen. His frame will not do it. His shoulder width is ridiculously narrow for a 7 footer and his legs look like chopsticks. If want to take him and play him completely away from the basket on offense and a off ball shot blocker. Then get him, but and it’s a huge but, how will he hold up for 82+ games a year and how many minutes per game? It’s not the kind of prospect I want for a number one pick. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not bad measurements for Sharpe, I'd heard rumours he was closer to 6'4. 

Nice …only 1/2 inch from 7 foot wingspan …let’s see if tomorrow he can break Jordan record in the vertical of 48 inches

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Forget about Chet beefing up. It’s not gonna happen. His frame will not do it. His shoulder width is ridiculously narrow for a 7 footer and his legs look like chopsticks. If want to take him and play him completely away from the basket on offense and a off ball shot blocker. Then get him, but and it’s a huge but, how will he hold up for 82+ games a year and how many minutes per game? It’s not the kind of prospect I want for a number one pick. 

To all the people that look at Chet and see an NBA player. I'd love to have some of what you are smokin'! There is nobody in the draft that is as high of an injury risk as a guy that is all skin and bones. There are much healthier looking guys that can play good basketball. Let's draft one of those please!

Actually you know what would be fun. Trading into the 20s with our 2 seconds (and maybe some other stuff like the Denver pick if needs be) and picking Jaden Hardy. 

Hardy was a top prospect but struggled in the G League against grown men for most of the season. He could be a shot at a scoring guard with less risk than trading back from #1. Here's what Sam Vecenie said about him in a recent article (has him at 23):

"The more I go back and watch Hardy’s tape, the more impressed I am with his play later in the season. He may have the best handle in the class, and he knocked down a higher percentage from 3 over his last month and a half. He was more willing to make passing reads later in the season...It’s all about shot selection for Hardy."

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

so why would we (collectively) be more on the smith train then the Banchero?

From the games I've watched with Banchero playing... he tends to take some defensive plays off and plays matador a-la-Vuc when guys go to the hole. Swiping at the ball as they go by is NOT playing good D.

Im sorry this is clearly me inviting the same comments I've bemoaned several times but it was too funny not to post.

A less focused thought. 

The #1 overall pick has never not dramatically altered this franchises fortunes. Jeff Weltman obviously has a great opportunity to add talent to this roster but also the burden to get this right. 

58 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Just thinking about how the Magic have never not taken a center with the number 1 pick so obviously we are taking Chet 

Would be funny if after all the length memes our front office decided to pass on Chet

Does Jabari remind anyone else of Danny Granger a little bit? I really wish we could combine Banchero’s all-around scoring ability and Smith’s 3 ball and defense into one PF lol.