CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Chet is the only potential game changer in this draft.  It’s ok to be concerned.  I remember when Emeka Okafor was the majority take here leading up to the draft.  I still prefer Jabari but if our current management sees enough in Chet to pick him then I’ll still be excited.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do want to make a public service announcement while we talk first overall pick and hypothetical trades.

Wendell played the 4 last year because of need, tanking, and his development. He is without a doubt in my mind our future 5 and I don’t expect anybody we trade for, draft or sign to change that.

57 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I would love this, but I also don't think we'll overpay for a player. Only players deserving of a Max that will be available might be Zach LeVine and Miles Bridges. Bradley Beal would be the ideal, but I can't see him coming to us. He wants to go to a contender - same probably goes for LeVine as both will get multiple max offers. But I truly do believe we're an elite-scorer away from a solid playoff run with how many solid, young role players we have. 

Agreed, which is why I think our best shot at obtaining an elite scorer is through trade. Specifically, obtaining Donovan Mitchell from the Jazz. 

51 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Chet is the only potential game changer in this draft.  It’s ok to be concerned.  I remember when Emeka Okafor was the majority take here leading up to the draft.  I still prefer Jabari but if our current management sees enough in Chet to pick him then I’ll still be excited.

IMO Chet the stickboy O-->---< is the only wrong pick in the top 6. He was  a star among boys, but grown men will run him over, break him, and crush him. We can't afford to draft another JI/injury magnet type body with our #1 pick.

Let's grab Jabari and call it a win!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh god. 5 more weeks of "Chet is a stick boy" discourse now we actually have a shot at drafting him. 

For what it's worth I'd be happy with any of Chet, Paolo or Jabari. 

We obviously would win the lottery in the most wide open draft class in years. Classic Magic even when we win it's a struggle. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

How are we feeling everyone? Lol

good night for us! 

Glad to view the comments saying to avoid Chet. I never saw the hype. Even watching him in college, I think he excelled in HS cause of size, struggled in college cause of weight, and will ultimately be a bust in the pros because of talent.

Lord have mercy I might have to leave this board until the draft...

Look, It's not even like I'm some Chet super fan I just feel the need to balance out the negativity here...  

In what way did Chet "struggle in college"? 14 points, 10 rebounds, 3.7 blocks a game on 61/39/72 shooting? And Gonzaga gave up the lowest 2 point FG% in college basketball with Chet as their lynchpin on defense. 

And what talent is Chet lacking that will hamper him in the pros? If he busts in the pros it'll be because of weight, he has every skill you can think of for a 7 footer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had a feeling we were gonna win just due to the luck adjusting over the years.

I’m strapped in for Chet. I like the kid, just hope he goes on the Zion Williamson diet.

I dream of tall ball lineups like Suggs + Franz + Isaac + Chet + Wendell

or dare I say Franz + MoWagner + Isaac + Chet + Wendell

Trading down for the #4 or #5 would also be cool but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited about the possibility of drafting a unicorn like Chet.

Most probably we will draft Chet, Jabari or Bancero with the top pick. But I am just thinking if we can make additional trade with Pistons or Kings and get their pick to draft Shaedon Sharp who has a huge upside in my opinion…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babir_9 said:

Most probably we will draft Chet, Jabari or Bancero with the top pick. But I am just thinking if we can make additional trade with Pistons or Kings and get their pick to draft Shaedon Sharp who has a huge upside in my opinion…

What would we have to give up in order to get their pick?