CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I actually want us to draft 4th or 5th. Let the big men go and draft Sharpe / Ivey

Mauro look at this …I found it online …was an Instagram post by Courtside Films showing like 10 video clips of Sharpe and wanting peoples opinions on who they thought his comps were …keeping in my mind it was posted last July when Shaedon was barely 18 and still months away from committing to UK 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRRVv1rscnu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Oh and by the way everyone …I’m only 25 points away from getting out of the negative …thanks for your support lol

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Mauro look at this …I found it online …was an Instagram post by Courtside Films showing like 10 video clips of Sharpe and wanting peoples opinions on who they thought his comps were …keeping in my mind it was posted last July when Shaedon was barely 18 and still months away from committing to UK 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRRVv1rscnu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Oh and by the way everyone …I’m only 25 points away from getting out of the negative …thanks for your support lol

Here’s an upvote to celebrate your return :D

I think that a season close to what Jalen Green had would be a success. The Sharpe pick would totally be a shoot for the stars move, but we’re in desperate need of a star.

Crap …here’s what I’m worried about …he’s gonna climb the mock drafts …I’m thinking possibly top 3 …this from the man Jonathan Givony …look at the NBA execs in the stands …wow 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Crap …here’s what I’m worried about …he’s gonna climb the mock drafts …I’m thinking possibly top 3 …this from the man Jonathan Givony …look at the NBA execs in the stands …wow 

Same! At least Masai Ujiri and Danny Ainge aren’t in the lottery to take that risk.

Not sure WeltHam have the stones to take him in the top 3

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Same! At least Masai Ujiri and Danny Ainge aren’t in the lottery to take that risk.

Not sure WeltHam have the stones to take him in the top 3

I bet he does MP!! 

It's 2022 and we're still getting excited by these no competition workout videos. And not particularly impressive ones. 

Look, people are going to see what they want to see. This fan base has been desperate for a conventional guard creator for years even when we had Dwight so I'm not surprised we lose our minds every time a guy does a hesi pull up. 

But when I watch that video I see a handle that's slow, unexplosive and incredibly high and otherwise it's just a guy dunking and shooting at an empty rim. Terrence Ross would look like the greatest player of all time in a video like this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's 2022 and we're still getting excited by these no competition workout videos. And not particularly impressive ones. 

Look, people are going to see what they want to see. This fan base has been desperate for a conventional guard creator for years even when we had Dwight so I'm not surprised we lose our minds every time a guy does a hesi pull up. 

But when I watch that video I see a handle that's slow, unexplosive and incredibly high and otherwise it's just a guy dunking and shooting at an empty rim. Terrence Ross would look like the greatest player of all time in a video like this. 

I think all of this is fair. Sharpe is a total gamble. Unfortunately for us, the known commodities in this draft are not exactly exciting commodities.

One of the craziest things to me is that we haven’t moved up in a draft in over a two decades. We got the #1 pick with Dwight with the worst record. We got the #2 pick with Oladipo when we had the worst record. We haven’t been inside the top 3 since, always falling out of the top 3 but we never moving up. 

Hoping against hope the trend doesn't continue tonight.