CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I just can't see Chet being able to survive playing any more than JI can. He doesn't have an NBA body and doesn't have the frame to add more than 10-15 pounds. Big strong guys are just gonna run him over. I'm hoping if we get #1, we can get a great haul from someone that really wants him and still get a low pick to grab a couple of the great shooters.

I happen to agree with you.  I don’t want Holmgren either

5 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I'm sure that just like JI,  he will be really good when he is able to play. 

It’s just too risky.  He may turn out to be a superstar but he’s so far outside the norm for an NBA player that I don’t want to take the chance.  Just too much of a gamble.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It’s just too risky.  He may turn out to be a superstar but he’s so far outside the norm for an NBA player that I don’t want to take the chance.  Just too much of a gamble.  

Sharpe is a risk too …I’m seeing lots of guys saying he has the highest potential though …If the Magic get top pick who would you want JJZFL ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I see him spending more time injured than on the floor.

Anybody know how high this is ? All ima say is wow … Remember talking about Howard vertical leap the summer we drafted him ?

Edit: just saw online it was 49 inches …to go along with 6”6’ height and a 7 foot wingspan …since this was posted I’m seeing vids on YouTube for the Blazers, Pistons and Spurs saying this is who they want …fans with YouTube channels 

I'm so conflicted by Jabari Smith. Watched some more on him and I'm in this weird place where I'm almost certain he'll end up being a starter and someone who can play playoff basketball and be on the court in crucial moments. But I also feel like it's unlikely he becomes a #1 or even #2 option given his lack of burst, his lack of a handle and his limited passing feel.(Just to be clear he could show unprecedented development in those areas and if he does then we're talking about someone who could be Tatum-esque but it's very hard to project those kinds of things so I tend to focus on more median outcomes)

He's in this weird place where he's probably the lowest risk top guy but also maybe the lowest reward out of the top 3 names. 

• Upvote 1

Was just posted 8 hours ago on his page …18 year old recently graduated HS student via UK has over 66,000 followers …I’d say somebody’s helping him with marketing 

Edit: in the comments under his Instagram post most are UK fans begging him to come back …that was me for the last 4 months lol …I’m now hoping he can lead the Magic back to NBA notoriety …you never know …

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm so conflicted by Jabari Smith. Watched some more on him and I'm in this weird place where I'm almost certain he'll end up being a starter and someone who can play playoff basketball and be on the court in crucial moments. But I also feel like it's unlikely he becomes a #1 or even #2 option given his lack of burst, his lack of a handle and his limited passing feel.(Just to be clear he could show unprecedented development in those areas and if he does then we're talking about someone who could be Tatum-esque but it's very hard to project those kinds of things so I tend to focus on more median outcomes)

He's in this weird place where he's probably the lowest risk top guy but also maybe the lowest reward out of the top 3 names.

I tend to agree. Thus, the Lewis comp for me, though I think he’s a better athlete.

18 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I tend to agree. Thus, the Lewis comp for me, though I think he’s a better athlete.

Yea I've heard the Lewis one and it definitely seems sort of reasonable offensively. I had taller Bojan Bogdanovic in my head. He has potential to be a much better defensive player than both of those guys too.

He's honestly got generational 6'10 shooter potential but it's whether he can leverage that into enough other stuff to bend a defense or whether he'll just be a very lethal, high volume off ball shooter (where the Bogdanovic comp came from in my head). 

On 5/1/2022 at 2:01 PM, ball junkie said:

Sharpe is a risk too …I’m seeing lots of guys saying he has the highest potential though …If the Magic get top pick who would you want JJZFL ?

I don’t have a selection. I consider the whole thing to generally be a crap shoot. However, Holmgren just seems unusually risky to me.