CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why though? Even in a hypothetical world where Durant was happy to be here (would never happen) he's proven he can't carry a team out of the first round anymore. Where does he take this team? 40 ISH wins and a low seed? 

He gives our young players the confidence they can win and helps create the right mental framework.  Could help enormously with the development of our young players.  

Right now losing is expected, there’s no accountability, and it’s all kind of a big joke.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why though? Even in a hypothetical world where Durant was happy to be here (would never happen) he's proven he can't carry a team out of the first round anymore. Where does he take this team? 40 ISH wins and a low seed? 

I think he can still be 90% of what he used to be if he plays on a team with a better system. Brooklyn just had horrible iso ball, horrible defense and no player + ball movement. Athletes are also aging better and better

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

He gives our young players the confidence they can win and helps create the right mental framework.  Could help enormously with the development of our young players.  

Right now losing is expected, there’s no accountability, and it’s all kind of a big joke.  

Ditto this same thought process for Mitchell. 

• Upvote 1

Spurs link …author actually says he hopes Sharpe doesn’t do well at the combine and falls to them at 9 …I can find links on every team in the top 5 contemplating drafting him …this guy has some vid of Sharpe I have not seen …pretty good check it out 

7 hours ago, Captain said:

Would we even take Sharpe after taking Suggs last draft?

If we like Sharpe, my answer is, “Absolutely.” Suggs proved very little this year, and we need to go BPA, regardless of position. (And this is coming from a guy who loved Suggs coming out). We have a long way to go in our rebuild… especially on offense.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, Natesroom said:

interesting Article on OMD

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/04/25/playoffs-highlighting-how-key-second-round-picks-are-to-orlando-magic/

I was at the Season Ticket Holder Brunch Event a month or so back and i literally skewered Basketball President of Operations with this same question about second round picks, THT, and he kinda hemed and hawed, and turned all red (exageration)

I think the draft years of this Front Office NOT using the 2nd round picks are over....appears that during those years of Markelle, Fournier, Gordon JI, Vuc, their main focus was on the first rounders. Drafts on which they did good....for example, Chuma with the 16th pick and Cole with the15 were and are both solid additions. If Chuma and Cole's draft were RE-DRAFTED today, both are probably top 10 picks or higher.

I expect the Front Office to USE the 2 second round picks on this draft.....and expect 2 more players that...we'll see who they are before saying what they bring to the team.

12 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Spurs link …author actually says he hopes Sharpe doesn’t do well at the combine and falls to them at 9 …I can find links on every team in the top 5 contemplating drafting him …this guy has some vid of Sharpe I have not seen …pretty good check it out 

I think sharpe could be fools gold as a top 6 pick. Sure he jumps over a kid who looks like hes 14. Second clip he jumps over a taller high school player. He definately looks like an NBA player against high school kids, but not doing 1 year at college might be the best financial move he ever makes. Might be the worst a GM makes, but definately the best Financial move for him.... remember the ghost of Shabazz people.

42 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I think sharpe could be fools gold as a top 6 pick. Sure he jumps over a kid who looks like hes 14. Second clip he jumps over a taller high school player. He definately looks like an NBA player against high school kids, but not doing 1 year at college might be the best financial move he ever makes. Might be the worst a GM makes, but definately the best Financial move for him.... remember the ghost of Shabazz people.

Nate …I’m 60 now so I remember the Howard year draft like yesterday lol …I remember he was an unknown …but the closer draft day got the more press Dwight started getting …he rose to be under consideration for the top pick …there was no way I wanted Howard …if you can find my posts from that far back you’ll see that lol …I wanted Okafor cause I wanted to start winning and I wanted to start winning now and I wanted the sure thing .

This Sharpe situation is eerily so similar …and I can promise when he starts working out for teams, just like Dwight his stock is gonna rise even more …you already see it …youth and talent is a valuable commodity …ask Jonathan Givony .

Lets see where the Magic end up picking .

And Shabazz played collegiately …Sharpe didn’t …I think Shabazz is maybe 6”0…Sharpe is 6”6 with a 49 inch vertical so not sure why you bring up Napier 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Nate …I’m 60 now so I remember the Howard year draft like yesterday lol …I remember he was an unknown …but the closer draft day got the more press Dwight started getting …he rose to be under consideration for the top pick …there was no way I wanted Howard …if you can find my posts from that far back you’ll see that lol …I wanted Okafor cause I wanted to start winning and I wanted to start winning now and I wanted the sure thing .

This Sharpe situation is eerily so similar …and I can promise when he starts working out for teams, just like Dwight his stock is gonna rise even more …you already see it …youth and talent is a valuable commodity …ask Jonathan Givony .

Lets see where the Magic end up picking .

And Shabazz played collegiately …Sharpe didn’t …I think Shabazz is maybe 6”0…Sharpe is 6”6 with a 49 inch vertical so not sure why you bring up Napier 

I think he was talking about former number 1 ranked recruit Shabazz Muhammad. 

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think he was talking about former number 1 ranked recruit Shabazz Muhammad. 

He played 1 year at UCLA and was going on 21 when he got drafted fwiw …thanks for the clarification CT

• Upvote 1

Here's something very interesting for multiple reasons and should create at least some discussion …especially on this day lol …listen to this 3 minute movie clip and then answer this question …

How much influence do or does team message boards and chat rooms have on GM’s decision making ? Is it relevant at all ? Do you think they read it and check them ?