CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

No hate lol but I’m beginning to think this a weltman secret account. Length length length man. Hahahahahaha

I mean, length is really important, it always has been. It's often a game of inches, having the length to get a shot off over a smaller player, or the length to get a finger tip on a lob for a dunk on defense, or the length to alter a jumper in the dying seconds of a close game are all things that could decide the course of a game. 

But don't get it twisted length alone isn't worth anything without the rest of the package. 

Chet is my top prospect because his length, fluidity, instincts and general feel for the game make him one of the best rim protector prospects ever. If he was just length and didn't have the fluidity or feel he'd be orders of magnitude less enticing. 

I don't see that Daniels is 6'8 and think "wow a 6'8 guy he needs to go lotto" it's the stuff he can do at 6'8 (and age 19) relative to others of the same size that makes him interesting. 

To put it another way, if LeBron James was 6'3 instead of 6'8 he'd still have had a great career but I think it's much more likely to have been a Westbrook or Kidd like career versus being one of the 2 or 3 greatest careers of all time. 

16 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

Can we avoid the Aussie's from here on out?  I feel like they get too much sun/radiation out that way and are a bunch of basket cases or they just end up as busts.

Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving (Although plays for Team USA), Ben Simmons, Dante Exum

Maybe Giddey will turn into something, waiting for him to go full Ben Simmons in three years and demand a trade

I mean, Joe Ingles and Patty Mills are seemingly universally beloved by team mates and fans. 

And Dante Exum didn't really do anything wrong (unless I missed it) apart from be over hyped as a prospect (guilty) and injured a lot, not fair to throw him in with those others. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean, length is really important, it always has been. It's often a game of inches, having the length to get a shot off over a smaller player, or the length to get a finger tip on a lob for a dunk on defense, or the length to alter a jumper in the dying seconds of a close game are all things that could decide the course of a game. 

But don't get it twisted length alone isn't worth anything without the rest of the package. 

Chet is my top prospect because his length, fluidity, instincts and general feel for the game make him one of the best rim protector prospects ever. If he was just length and didn't have the fluidity or feel he'd be orders of magnitude less enticing. 

I don't see that Daniels is 6'8 and think "wow a 6'8 guy he needs to go lotto" it's the stuff he can do at 6'8 (and age 19) relative to others of the same size that makes him interesting. 

To put it another way, if LeBron James was 6'3 instead of 6'8 he'd still have had a great career but I think it's much more likely to have been a Westbrook or Kidd like career versus being one of the 2 or 3 greatest careers of all time. 

Of the top 4 prospects I think Chet has the highest ceiling and the lowered floor. 

Would you agree? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Before we drafted JI I said it would be a mistake because he looked injury prone. You ALL see how that has worked for us. Chet has even less of an NBA body and I think he'll spend as much time or more injured as JI. Playing against college kids is one thing, but playing against grown men in the NBA is a totally different thing. He's got great skills, but stronger men are going to run him over and hurt him. I have no interest in seeing another stick in a suit on our bench next to JI. This draft is too important to blow it!

We need shooters, and there are a lot of them available. Should we get the #1 pick we should try and trade with OKC and get their 2 early picks and maybe a future 1st.

Ok so the Magic have a 52% chance to at least get a top 4 pick …14% to get the top pick …May 17  is the day we find out the exact spot they’ll be picking .

Auburn forward (and likely top overall pick) Jabari Smith declared a few weeks ago. Duke forward Paolo Banchero joined him Wednesday with an announcement video. Gonzaga center Chet Holmgren announced he will enter his name into the NBA Draft. Kentucky guard Shaedon Sharpe also announced he was entering the draft Thursday.

Those players are considered the best prospects in the draft class and seem likely to go in the top six. The Orlando Magic should be very comfortable with the options they will have in this year’s draft.

If you are GM of the Magic rank these 4 players in order of who “YOU” like and who “YOU” think best meets team needs …there are no wrong answers …I’ll go first …duh lol 

1) Sharpe 2) Banchero 3) Smith 4) Holmgren 

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/04/22/orlando-magic-daily-2022-nba-mock-draft-version-1-0-the-top-picks-are-here/

1) Sharpe 2)Murray 3) Smith 4) Banchero

If we get #1 and can trade to OKC for their 2 early 1sts

1)Sharpe 2) Murray

1)Agbaji 2) Mark Smith (Bye Bamba!)

I do not want Chet the stick under any circumstances. He will never have an NBA body and will get injured often. Name one stick figure that has had a successful career without spending a lot of time in rehab. 0--<----<

With our 2nds, McGowen and Roddy

19 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so the Magic have a 52% chance to at least get a top 4 pick …14% to get the top pick …May 17  is the day we find out the exact spot they’ll be picking .

Auburn forward (and likely top overall pick) Jabari Smith declared a few weeks ago. Duke forward Paolo Banchero joined him Wednesday with an announcement video. Gonzaga center Chet Holmgren announced he will enter his name into the NBA Draft. Kentucky guard Shaedon Sharpe also announced he was entering the draft Thursday.

Those players are considered the best prospects in the draft class and seem likely to go in the top six. The Orlando Magic should be very comfortable with the options they will have in this year’s draft.

If you are GM of the Magic rank these 4 players in order of who “YOU” like and who “YOU” think best meets team needs …there are no wrong answers …I’ll go first …duh lol 

1) Sharpe 2) Banchero 3) Smith 4) Holmgren 

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/04/22/orlando-magic-daily-2022-nba-mock-draft-version-1-0-the-top-picks-are-here/

1) Jabari 2) Ivey 3) Paulo 4) Chet 

Not sure if it’s realistic, but my dream scenario would be trading for Mitchell and keeping our pick this year. Something like Cole, Okeke, Ross and both our pick and bulls pick next year. 

Then draft Jabari giving us a lineup of:

PG: Fultz/Suggs/RJ 

SG: Mitchell/Suggs/RJ 

SF: Franz/JI/ 2nd round pick 

PF: Jabari/JI 

C: WCJ/ Mo Wagner/ FA vet Min  

4 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Not sure if it’s realistic, but my dream scenario would be trading for Mitchell and keeping our pick this year. Something like Cole, Okeke, Ross and both our pick and bulls pick next year. 

Then draft Jabari giving us a lineup of:

PG: Fultz/Suggs/RJ 

SG: Mitchell/Suggs/RJ 

SF: Franz/JI/ 2nd round pick 

PF: Jabari/JI 

C: WCJ/ Mo Wagner/ FA vet Min  

I can’t imagine anyone trading an all star for a return like that.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I can’t imagine anyone trading an all star for a return like that.  

2 first round pick, 2 young prospects and an expiring contract isn’t a terrible return for a player who is unhappy in their current situation. 

But you’re probably right. This years pick would probably need to be included. 

Ivey/Jabari/Sharpe. I’d be happy with any of the 3. I think. Lol. Whichever one impressed me with his knowledge of the game and alpha mentality in the interview is who I’d pick. 
Kofi in the second or trade up to get him. He is gonna be a force down low, guaranteed!!!