CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

The State of Kentucky is on fire right now 

I know people think he is great, obviously the combine and player workouts will tell us more, but the last High School player to be drafted in the top 6 withought doing a year overseas or in the G league or 1 and done in college was darius bazley in 2019 as the 23rd pick and Anfernee Simmons at the 24th in 2018.

If we fall to like 4th or 5th I'd take a long look at Dyson Daniels. He's mocked later lotto mostly but I think he'll climb as we approach draft time, allegedly he's a legit 6'8 as a guard with a lot of physical tools and showed a decent amount in the G League this year at 19. (This is going to get hate because people will look up his stats and see his 3P%)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If we fall to like 4th or 5th I'd take a long look at Dyson Daniels. He's mocked later lotto mostly but I think he'll climb as we approach draft time, allegedly he's a legit 6'8 as a guard with a lot of physical tools and showed a decent amount in the G League this year at 19. (This is going to get hate because people will look up his stats and see his 3P%)

Hate

(Actually I’ve never heard of Dyson Daniels but after your comment above I just couldn’t help myself :)  )

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Can we avoid the Aussie's from here on out?  I feel like they get too much sun/radiation out that way and are a bunch of basket cases or they just end up as busts.

Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving (Although plays for Team USA), Ben Simmons, Dante Exum

Maybe Giddey will turn into something, waiting for him to go full Ben Simmons in three years and demand a trade

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hate… (Just to back up JJFZL :). I, too, have no idea about Daniels).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

Can we avoid the Aussie's from here on out?  I feel like they get too much sun/radiation out that way and are a bunch of basket cases or they just end up as busts.

Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving (Although plays for Team USA), Ben Simmons, Dante Exum

Maybe Giddey will turn into something, waiting for him to go full Ben Simmons in three years and demand a trade

Someone has a personal vendetta against us?

Let's not tar the whole country with the brush of Ben Simmons. That'd be liked saying avoid Croatian guys because Mario Hezonja couldn't handle it and still won't admit that's on him. Avoid US born players because of countless crazies (Marbury, Brian Williams/Bison Dele, can't be bothered thinking of anymore right now).

Also, please .... we do not claim Kyrie and he does not want us either. Which is good. 

Josh Giddey is a lovely kid, and along with Dante (who there is nothing wrong with personality wise - he's just not as good as we hoped), Patty and a bunch of others we are usually alright with who represents us.

Having said that, the G League path is still really making it hard to say who will thrive and who will not. No point saying Daniels will be ok because of last years guys. I'd be ok with it mid first round or later but yeah, don't want to leap either.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No hate lol but I’m beginning to think this a weltman secret account. Length length length man. Hahahahahaha

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

If we get number 1 I'd still take Sharpe. He has superstar written all over it

Are we saving this one for posterity? lol 

Argh i just hope whatever it is we get it right this time