CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I doubt we're drafting 3 rookies though. Unless we stash one. And then you're at the mercy of the guy you like making it to you. Control your own destiny, move into the 20s and get the guy you want is my thinking. 

I’m down with it. I at least want to walk away with two drafted players this year.

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/kentuckys-shaedon-sharpe-could-be-steal-2022-nba-draft

This is NBC talking …not me lol …only 3 minutes 

Sharpe twitter this morning 

Got to admit that kid looks good. Handles look tight in his other videos and that shot is beautiful. He has that hard to describe "Man amongst boys" kinda like Anthony Edwards, just a bit smaller but with a better shot. Wish we could have seen him play at Kentucky, but so did everyone else. I going to go out on a limb and say if the Magic get the number 1 or 2 pick and trade down, this is the guy they are after.

18 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m down with it. I at least want to walk away with two drafted players this year.

It has to be 2 like you're saying Bro....same as last year's draft and next year's as well......in which we have the Bulls and ours.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Got to admit that kid looks good. Handles look tight in his other videos and that shot is beautiful. He has that hard to describe "Man amongst boys" kinda like Anthony Edwards, just a bit smaller but with a better shot. Wish we could have seen him play at Kentucky, but so did everyone else. I going to go out on a limb and say if the Magic get the number 1 or 2 pick and trade down, this is the guy they are after.

YOUNG, talented kid that looks like he can shoot it straight. He is making the draft very interesting for us. Could, will, should the FRONT OFFICE be interested?  

23 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

YOUNG, talented kid that looks like he can shoot it straight. He is making the draft very interesting for us. Could, will, should the FRONT OFFICE be interested?  

He is projected as a late lottery maybe mid teens pick at the moment, why would anyone trade down from a 1 or 2 pick to 12-16?. Now i would trade a #1 pick for OKC if they get like 3 or 4 and 12, and try and take Sharpe at 12 and maybe Jabari at 3. 

10 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

He is projected as a late lottery maybe mid teens pick at the moment, why would anyone trade down from a 1 or 2 pick to 12-16?. Now i would trade a #1 pick for OKC if they get like 3 or 4 and 12, and try and take Sharpe at 12 and maybe Jabari at 3. 

He was number 6 in the last Jonathan Givony/ESPN mock draft …could get higher after workouts …dude has a 49 inch vertical …this mock was weeks ago 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/33673482/2022-nba-mock-draft-prospects-rise-ncaa-tournament

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I'm 100% with you on that. I DO NOT WANT CHET,  but OKC might want him bad enough to give us both 1st rounders and a future 1st. I'd love to grab Sharpe or Murray wit the 1st  one, and either Mark Williams (bye Bamba) or Agbaji with the 2nd one. I'd also like to see us break our pattern and actually use our 2 2nds. Either trade down, or grab a couple more shooters and stash them on our G league team.

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

He was number 6 in the last Jonathan Givony/ESPN mock draft …could get higher after workouts …dude has a 49 inch vertical …this mock was weeks ago 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/33673482/2022-nba-mock-draft-prospects-rise-ncaa-tournament

NBADRAFT.net Has him #15 (April 12th)

USA TODAY has him #14 (APRIL 18)

The RINGER has him at #6 (APRIL 19th)

Tankathon has him # 7 (APRIL 4th)

Bleacher Report #7 (APRIL 16th)

SBNATION has him at #7 (April 5th)

CBS SPORT NOT EVEN TOP 30 (APRIL 19th THIS GUYS OBVIOSLY WRONG, LOL)

I say hes probably a late lottery pick 9-12. Get that OKC pick at 12 and get him there or package your 12 and Second rounder to move up to 8 or 9

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Is Shaedon Sharpe PROJECTED to be the best player in this year's draft?

Ultimately, it's up to the FO to go thru their process and master plan to make that determination....one thing in their favor is that the team is in the middle of a TOTAL RE-BUILD and some calculated risks can be taken.

Examples of the Best Player from some of the last drafts:

2009 - Steph Curry - Pick 7           

2010 - Paul George - Pick 10

2011 - Kawhi - Pick 15

2012 - Anthony Davis - Pick 1

2013 - Giannis - Pick 15

2014 - Nikola Jokic - Pick 41

2015 - Devin Booker - Pick 13

2016 - Ben Simmons - Pick 1

2017 Jayson Tatum - Pick 3

2018 - Luka Doncic - Pick 3

2019 - Ja Morant - Pick 2

2020 - LaMelo - Pick 3

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

NBADRAFT.net Has him #15 (April 12th)

USA TODAY has him #14 (APRIL 18)

The RINGER has him at #6 (APRIL 19th)

Tankathon has him # 7 (APRIL 4th)

Bleacher Report #7 (APRIL 16th)

SBNATION has him at #7 (April 5th)

CBS SPORT NOT EVEN TOP 30 (APRIL 19th THIS GUYS OBVIOSLY WRONG, LOL)

I say hes probably a late lottery pick 9-12. Get that OKC pick at 12 and get him there or package your 12 and Second rounder to move up to 8 or 9

Natesroom …nbadraftnet and USA are joke mocks …CBS didn’t mention him because he hasn’t officially entered the draft …the real mocks are The Ringer and ESPN …no way he’ll make it to 9 …I’m thinking top 5 before all is said and done 

Look at this link:

https://8points9seconds.com/2022/04/19/nba-draft-first-round-mock-picks-1-31/amp/