CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

6 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

If we got #1, and Portland got 4 &12, how many would trade #1Chet), for 4, 12, and future 1ST besides me??? I'd reach for both Murray and Agbaji and get us some damn scoring! I'd also grab Koloko and Keels in the 2nd round and say goodbye to Mo and a few others.

That’s a fun way of thinking. I’d probably do Ivey/Sharpe and Agbaji in that scenario.

9 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

If we got #1, and Portland got 4 &12, how many would trade #1Chet), for 4, 12, and future 1ST besides me??? I'd reach for both Murray and Agbaji and get us some damn scoring! I'd also grab Koloko and Keels in the 2nd round and say goodbye to Mo and a few others.

Yes yes yes!  Somebody has to be in love with Chet, other than CT lol. I think get two in the top 15 is better because there is a lot of talent in this draft but really no one player is a guaranteed stud. Take two shots at it instead of one. 

I don’t see the benefit in having multiple rookies to have to form again. I believe there is such a thing as too much development work at once. If we trade our pick I’d much rather package it for a vet.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t see the benefit in having multiple rookies to have to form again. I believe there is such a thing as too much development work at once. If we trade our pick I’d much rather package it for a vet.

So which vet would you target for the #1 pick?

Tonight is probably the most important night left in the season for tanking.  Four games left and tonight’s is the most winnable for us.  Tied with Houston and they play minny.  If we want a guaranteed top 4 pick we pretty much have to lose tonight.

And no, Chet in the second round is silly.  He’s not likely dropping further than the third pick.  He still probably has the highest percentage of going first out of anyone.  There’s only two players that offer clear advantages over him in some way, Ivey and Smith.  Neither of them have as much going on as him either though.  

17 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

So which vet would you target for the #1 pick?

There’s a ton of smoke around Donovan Mitchell being disgruntled. I’d pretty much make anybody not named Franz, Markelle, or Wendell on the roster available to get him with whatever picks it takes.

6 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Tonight is probably the most important night left in the season for tanking.  Four games left and tonight’s is the most winnable for us.  Tied with Houston and they play minny.  If we want a guaranteed top 4 pick we pretty much have to lose tonight.

And no, Chet in the second round is silly.  He’s not likely dropping further than the third pick.  He still probably has the highest percentage of going first out of anyone.  There’s only two players that offer clear advantages over him in some way, Ivey and Smith.  Neither of them have as much going on as him either though.  

Factually not correct.  Even if we "win" the worst team in the NBA award, we still have very close to a 50-50 shot of getting the FIFTH pick.

Better hope that 5th pick is a stud because we've thrown away a whole season for it.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Factually not correct.  Even if we "win" the worst team in the NBA award, we still have very close to a 50-50 shot of getting the FIFTH pick.

Better hope that 5th pick is a stud because we've thrown away a whole season for it.

If the fifth pick guarantees us not get Chet, come on number 5!!!!!

Y'all be hating Chet too much. Yeah I know, he's lanky. That doesn't mean he's instantly getting hurt. But we need another scoring threat. Cole and Suggs are streaky, JI and Fultz can't stay healthy. Wendell and Franz need help out there and Bamba scoring 10 points on a good night or RoLo/Mo Wagner off the bench isn't gonna do it.

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I thought the first pick was guaranteed top 4, 2nd top 5, 3rd top 6.