CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

New Givony mock has 

1. Chet

2. Paolo

3. Jabari

I think this is where I'm at now. Jabari shooting 44% from 2 in college at 6'10 is massively worrying for me. I think there's a chance he's Ryan Anderson with defense. Which don't get me wrong that's a good player but not one I'm super hyped about taking top 3. 

• Upvote 1

What do we think about Shaedon Sharpe? He's high on some draft boards despite not playing and wanted some opinions of people that are more clued in on draft prospects

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Givony mock has 

1. Chet

2. Paolo

3. Jabari

I think this is where I'm at now. Jabari shooting 44% from 2 in college at 6'10 is massively worrying for me. I think there's a chance he's Ryan Anderson with defense. Which don't get me wrong that's a good player but not one I'm super hyped about taking top 3. 

I really wish I loved at least one of these guys. I just don’t this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I want Shaedon Sharpe 

We did do pretty well with the last guy we drafted out of high school (Dwight). And yes, I know he’s in college, but he didn’t play. The lack of play at that next level of competition does worry me a bit, but I do have a bit more trust in this FO than previously, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

11 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Detroit (2-8) and OKC (1-9) are both tanking pretty hard, so it might be a tough race to the bottom.

Who cares?  Not like some game changer awaits if we can only somehow make ourselves awful enough to get the first pick.   Didn’t Detroit get first pick last year?   Why are they still in this conversation?

On 3/26/2022 at 4:49 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

Haha good one. 

I see the concerns with a player being too skinny, but I’ve learned to judge each player individually. Some players might just not have the required heart and determination like Mo Bamba, but I think Chet is going to be a good one

Honestly screw it just draft AJG. Dude is a 6'6 bundle of muscle and length who just had an all time great freshman season as a shooter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly screw it just draft AJG. Dude is a 6'6 bundle of muscle and length who just had an all time great freshman season as a shooter. 

The funny thing is that I’m not opposed to, if we get the number one pick, drafting Chet and trading him for a strong wing who can score immediately.

Think Chris Webber for Penny Hardaway. 100% would do that all day long, as with JI, Wendell, and Wagner (even if JI doesn’t play again), we need a scoring wing and AJG might fit that. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

The funny thing is that I’m not opposed to, if we get the number one pick, drafting Chet and trading him for a strong wing who can score immediately.

Think Chris Webber for Penny Hardaway. 100% would do that all day long, as with JI, Wendell, and Wagner (even if JI doesn’t play again), we need a scoring wing and AJG might fit that. 

You know it never entered my mind to do the drfat and trade, but i kind of like your idea. Except for 30 years later almost every magic fand still think as good as penny was for 5 years ...what if Chris Webber and Shaq...