CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I just watched the 4th quarter of the Auburn / Georgia game where Auburn eeked out a win. 

I had high hopes for Jabri Smith but he basically was never passed the ball and I think only took one shot on an easy put-back. Long and lean, and can jump out of the building it seems, but doesn’t demand or want the ball with the game on the line. He was 2-7 on the game while other guys on his team shot 22 and 17 shots. 

I don’t know if this is on coaching or him, but when you have the #1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, who is shooting 40%+ from the 3 point line, that is beyond me that he wouldn’t get the ball at all in the 4th when you’re down to a team that is 6-16. 

17 hours ago, harley said:

AJ Griffin is going pick 1. I’d take him or Ivey over any of the 3 talls to be honest. 

I've got AJG at 4 or 5. Too inconsistent to have over the 3 bigs at the moment in my opinion.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, harley said:

AJ Griffin is going pick 1. I’d take him or Ivey over any of the 3 talls to be honest. 

It’s early but I don’t see him cracking top 3.  Likely 5-8 range.  We don’t need another wing so hopefully the bpa at our draft spot is a 4/5.  

5 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

It’s early but I don’t see him cracking top 3.  Likely 5-8 range.  We don’t need another wing so hopefully the bpa at our draft spot is a 4/5.  

Another wing? We don’t have any! 

9 hours ago, harley said:

Another wing? We don’t have any! 

I’m not sure if serious but we have Suggs, Fultz, Wagner, Anthony, Hampton, Ross, and Harris that are all wings.  Only Harris is guaranteed to be gone next season, though Ross may be.  We are without Isaac until further notice, Robin Lopez will be gone soon, and Bamba could be as well.  Going into the off-season we have Wendell Carter and 6’6” Okeke and the hope of a healthy Isaac.  

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

I’m not sure if serious but we have Suggs, Fultz, Wagner, Anthony, Hampton, Ross, and Harris that are all wings.  Only Harris is guaranteed to be gone next season, though Ross may be.  We are without Isaac until further notice, Robin Lopez will be gone soon, and Bamba could be as well.  Going into the off-season we have Wendell Carter and 6’6” Okeke and the hope of a healthy Isaac.  

Suggs, Fultz, Cole and Harris are not wings. RJ hasn't shown he deserves minutes and Ross has no future on this team. Orlando needs quality picks in any and every position. . . 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

Suggs, Fultz, Cole and Harris are not wings. RJ hasn't shown he deserves minutes and Ross has no future on this team. Orlando needs quality picks in any and every position. . . 

Well said

3 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I’m all for taking the best player available but let’s not play this game where just because you are a titled pg that you aren’t a wing, that is ridiculous in todays nba.  Especially when they typically reside almost exclusively in the wing.  If those guys can’t play wing then we’re screwed.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I’m all for taking the best player available but let’s not play this game where just because you are a titled pg that you aren’t a wing, that is ridiculous in todays nba.  Especially when they typically reside almost exclusively in the wing.  If those guys can’t play wing then we’re screwed.

Being able to switch for a couple of posessions a game doesn't make you a wing. None of our PG's are wings. None.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

For context. Against 5 bad teams that didn't have a single player over 6'6. Still impressive numbers but yeah, easy when you're shooting over the top of small college players.

• Upvote 1