CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

A ghost from TBN’s past… Ball Junkie… just sent me this video on Sharpe. Again I don’t know anything about him but am excited about another option for the Magic.

Well Ball junkie was/is a Kentucky homer so I wouldn't go by anything he says when it comes to kentucky players but you already know that I guess lol.

Sharpe looks impressive in the video,  how tall is he?  With some muscle put on, he could be something. I would take him over toothpick boy, u know, Chet. 

Those who would pick twiggy, how can you not see Porzingis, Isaac, or Bamba’s  history?  How many games have they missed?  We need dynamic players that can stay on the floor, period end of discussion. 

• Like 1

As I watch video of each player, I don't know how Jabri Smith, at 6'10" and shooting 3's at 44%, along with strong athleticism, isn't getting more love on this board. The guys is like mini-Durant out there with how quick of a release he has with his touch. He's EXACTLY what he need to pair with WCJ / Isaac. 

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

As I watch video of each player, I don't know how Jabri Smith, at 6'10" and shooting 3's at 44%, along with strong athleticism, isn't getting more love on this board. The guys is like mini-Durant out there with how quick of a release he has with his touch. He's EXACTLY what he need to pair with WCJ / Isaac. 

I have only seen a little bit of video, but I would have to agree that Jabari Smith does seem to be climbing the draft boards, and does sound like a good fit next to WCJ. Not so sure about his fit next to Isaac. That might be why Banchero could be a good fit. There are a some guys that are real issues if you don't have a strong center/power forward to play against them - the Embiid, Jokovic, Gobert, Ayton, Harrell, and those type of guys that can already tear us up. Frankly, both Lopez and Moe Wagner do a better job on those guys than Bamba does. Lopez because of size and experience, Moe Wagner because of his energy/aggressive edge. 

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

He’s #1 on draft boards, he’s getting love.

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I have only seen a little bit of video, but I would have to agree that Jabari Smith does seem to be climbing the draft boards, and does sound like a good fit next to WCJ. Not so sure about his fit next to Isaac. That might be why Banchero could be a good fit. There are a some guys that are real issues if you don't have a strong center/power forward to play against them - the Embiid, Jokovic, Gobert, Ayton, Harrell, and those type of guys that can already tear us up. Frankly, both Lopez and Moe Wagner do a better job on those guys than Bamba does. Lopez because of size and experience, Moe Wagner because of his energy/aggressive edge. 

I don’t think at this point we should be focused on what works next to Isaac. Whatever he is able to contribute whenever he is back on the court is a plus, but at this point he can’t be counted on as a long term starter. I think Smith is probably the best pick, but we will have to pick first

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Out of the three bigs, he’s #1 for me. I love his shot but he struggles to create.

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, Soul Bro said:

Random question: Does AJ Griffin’s shot form look funny to anyone else? His shooting stance looks extra wide.

Yea I agree it looks wide. But it seems to go in so hard to say it's bad. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Good find/post. Zion's an interesting case, as I think Morant would be drafted ahead of him now given the injury history. I'll be watching Chet this spring to see if my mind and heart can be swayed.

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Great find. This definitely carries weight to those of us who think well of advanced stats. 

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Good find/post. Zion's an interesting case, as I think Morant would be drafted ahead of him now given the injury history. I'll be watching Chet this spring to see if my mind and heart can be swayed.

Zion still had (and has) so much upside as a unique, explosive big man not seen since maybe Charles Barkley (but with more explosiveness). 

Many of us did point out, however, that that kind of explosiveness with that kind of weight doesn't bode well for the health of the knees and back. It's one of the thing that has made LeBron's success so incredible - the explosiveness mixed with his size that doesn't break down.