CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

18 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

It’ll take a king’s ransom to get Brown (think PG to Clips… a budding star like SGA, which we don’t have, a solid player like DG, and seven first round picks… five open plus two swaps). Brown is that young and good, and I still don’t think Boston will trade him.

While I agree that the price will be very high, the Celtics are likely on a tailspin. Just blew a 26 point lead to New York. They'll have to act quickly because I don't think their team have great chemistry.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:50 PM, Soul Bro said:

It’ll take a king’s ransom to get Brown (think PG to Clips… a budding star like SGA, which we don’t have, a solid player like DG, and seven first round picks… five open plus two swaps). Brown is that young and good, and I still don’t think Boston will trade him.

Don’t think Brown is nearly that good and that PG package didn’t work out well.  That’s not the way to build a winner.  Do we like Cole Anthony or not? Brown doesn’t fit unless we send Anthony out.  A combo of Anthony, Isaac, and this years pick should be more than enough to get a Brown-level or better return.  

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Don’t think Brown is nearly that good and that PG package didn’t work out well.  That’s not the way to build a winner.  Do we like Cole Anthony or not? Brown doesn’t fit unless we send Anthony out.  A combo of Anthony, Isaac, and this years pick should be more than enough to get a Brown-level or better return.  

For the record, I wouldn’t trade 7 firsts for Brown. However, I think it’d take more than you’re suggesting. Cole is raw but has flashed, and Isaac has virtually no value right now given his injury situation. Either way, we don’t have the kind of offer the Celtics would be seeking, as I think they want to compete now and not in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im struggling to look past Chet. I know. I know. I already know all your objections about his frame and how he might end up being another Isaac and trust me I've had all these arguments with myself... I just also think he's supremely talented.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Im struggling to look past Chet. I know. I know. I already know all your objections about his frame and how he might end up being another Isaac and trust me I've had all these arguments with myself... I just also think he's supremely talented.

Just some stats on Chet. He's shooting 90% at the rim. He has a block % of 12.9% and he's also shooting 38% from 3 on 3 attempts per game. 

And to be clear only 47% of his baskets have been assisted. He's not just catching lobs and spotting up. He's pulling up for 3 in transition, he's handling the ball and attacking the rim etc. He's very very good.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just some stats on Chet. He's shooting 90% at the rim. He has a block % of 12.9% and he's also shooting 38% from 3 on 3 attempts per game. 

And to be clear only 47% of his baskets have been assisted. He's not just catching lobs and spotting up. He's pulling up for 3 in transition, he's handling the ball and attacking the rim etc. He's very very good.

The most important stat on Chet. I am Groot says Chet is still a twig. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The most important stat on Chet. I am Groot says Chet is still a twig. 

I had definitely not already considered this. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I just can’t :(

Chet would be fine. We are going to end up picking a front court player so it mostly depends on what you prefer from those positions and what you think about the players already on the team. I like  Jabari Smith. I’m curious what position Banchero would play

I can't get past Chet either. The Magic have just about everything they need in Anthony, Fultz, Isaac, Suggs and Wagner. It's honestly a good lineup but they cannot stay healthy to save their lives right now. It is what it is because they just need to grow more as players and physically too. As for Chet the talent is there. If there's concerns about his stature and durabality we've got all of next year to spare for everyone else too. I don't dislike Bamba but it's just time to move on. He's not the threat inside the paint we need to get us to the next level.

6 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Chet would be fine. We are going to end up picking a front court player so it mostly depends on what you prefer from those positions and what you think about the players already on the team. I like  Jabari Smith. I’m curious what position Banchero would play

Those are the probable top 3 and I think all 3 of those guys would be a 4 in the league but they're all very different. I like Jabari too, he is a potentially elite shooter for a 6'10 guy. 

I'm not sure if I'm overly sold on Banchero compared to the other 2, he's the worst shooter of the 3 and he's the least impressive defensive player of the 3 from what I've seen. 

• Upvote 1