CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

On 12/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Spaceman said:

I don't really know who these guys are yet but if this team doesn't draft someone who can shoot nothing will ever change.

2 of our 3 last draft picks were Cole and Franz. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

2 of our 3 last draft picks were Cole and Franz. 

I have a lot of respect for all you put into this board but do you really think we are a good shooting team?

3 hours ago, Spaceman said:

I have a lot of respect for all you put into this board but do you really think we are a good shooting team?

We're not but I consider that more as a function of our ability to create open looks. Cole, Franz, WCJ, Bamba, Chuma (maybe? Last season at least who knows now) even RJ are all about average to above average positional shooters. Most of the best shooting teams have guys that attract so much defensive attention they get other players open so that good shooters are taking good shots. At the moment we don't have anybody who does that for us. It might be Franz though in the future, and I mean that seriously. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Most of the best shooting teams have guys that attract so much defensive attention they get other players open so that good shooters are taking good shots.

This is exactly why I keep arguing the "do everything possible to get a star" line as it doesn't matter who else we have until our best player is on an All-NBA team

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trade stuff for Jaylen Brown. Anyone other than Franz and Isaac

Do you really think they'd break up him and Tatum? And I'm starting to wonder if they wouldn't prefer him.

Also, at this point I'd throw the house at Boston for him.

31 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Do you really think they'd break up him and Tatum? And I'm starting to wonder if they wouldn't prefer him.

Also, at this point I'd throw the house at Boston for him.

I think there are chemistry issues over there. And the constant disappointing postseasons will force GM Brad to make some moves

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I like Isaac's potential, he's still on my fantasy basketball team (drafted and on ir), but if Celtics say Isaac, 1st, and, filler for brown.... Do you say no?  Last update I see is from nov 26...

12 hours ago, MAGICFAN365 said:

I like Isaac's potential, he's still on my fantasy basketball team (drafted and on ir), but if Celtics say Isaac, 1st, and, filler for brown.... Do you say no?  Last update I see is from nov 26...

I can’t imagine anyone would trade for Isaac right now.  For all we know, he’ll never play again.  

18 hours ago, MAGICFAN365 said:

Logically you would have to say yes. But I’m a huge fan of Isaac

On 1/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’ll take a king’s ransom to get Brown (think PG to Clips… a budding star like SGA, which we don’t have, a solid player like DG, and seven first round picks… five open plus two swaps). Brown is that young and good, and I still don’t think Boston will trade him.