Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Rockets Official Game Thread - Fri., Dec. 3rd @ 8 PM

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

I plan on a turnover or bad shot every time I see R.J. dribble drive in the half court. Awesome to see one go in but thankful he's back on the bench in crunch time.

He’s been really bad, like I don’t even know if we should bother developing him. Such a bummer

20 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Several bets for tonight’s game 

Magic win

Cole and Franz combine for 40

Cole and Carter combine for 40

I had the Magic +2.5, Cole greater than 20.5 points and Franz greater than 1.5 3s. Nice consolation prize for us not getting the win. 

• Like 1

This is a weird loss. I dunno I feel like we're better than the Rockets and we can play a lot better than we did last night. 

Loved the 4th quarter execution after that time out with about 3 mins to go. Cole was cooking, Franz made some great decisions. Good stuff. 

Don't think I'd have gone with Cole on Gordon those last couple of possessions. Gordon is bigger and stronger and just bullied his way to the rim. Think I'd have gone with Franz, I know he's a rookie but his length could have helped. 

WCJ is great. His defense is awesome. If this is how he's going to play defense from now on he should no question be the starting 5 long term. Has a huge impact on the offensive glass too. Wish we'd let him try his luck posting smaller guys more often. 

Eric Gordon had a season high, a 2 way guy hit like 3 huge shots in the 4th and we lost. On to the next one. 

At least Mauro got one out of three! :P

Great loss for the tank, but I surely expect a lot more from them, still really inconsistent. At least they tried in the last few minutes without giving up even if down by 10+

• Like 1

Cole is really improving. He must focus now on reducing turnovers. Sometimes he is turning the ball over without any pressure from defenders…

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is a weird loss. I dunno I feel like we're better than the Rockets and we can play a lot better than we did last night. 

Loved the 4th quarter execution after that time out with about 3 mins to go. Cole was cooking, Franz made some great decisions. Good stuff. 

Don't think I'd have gone with Cole on Gordon those last couple of possessions. Gordon is bigger and stronger and just bullied his way to the rim. Think I'd have gone with Franz, I know he's a rookie but his length could have helped. 

WCJ is great. His defense is awesome. If this is how he's going to play defense from now on he should no question be the starting 5 long term. Has a huge impact on the offensive glass too. Wish we'd let him try his luck posting smaller guys more often. 

Eric Gordon had a season high, a 2 way guy hit like 3 huge shots in the 4th and we lost. On to the next one. 

Regarding the bolded part, I didn't like specifically his approach to the first gordon jumper, I think he should have gone for the block but was instead tracking the guy behind him. IMO that was a bad choice, he could have swatted that easily

16 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Regarding the bolded part, I didn't like specifically his approach to the first gordon jumper, I think he should have gone for the block but was instead tracking the guy behind him. IMO that was a bad choice, he could have swatted that easily

Maybe. But he'd have to leave Wood open under the rim. If he comes over we could very easily give up a dunk there, it's a tough read only muddied by the fact that both Franz and Bamba help off their men but don't really manage a contest.

It's not a great possession all the way around really, Cole gets beat far too easily, we get several guys helping and none of them contest. Watching it back at least Wendell has a man to guard, from the looks of it all Bamba has to do is stick his arm out and he's made a game saving block, he gets there and then kind of stops?

Just a bit of a weird one, that's why I'd rather have had Franz guard the ball though even if he gets caught on the screen he can use his length to affect the shot, Cole kind of just gave up. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I had the Magic +2.5, Cole greater than 20.5 points and Franz greater than 1.5 3s. Nice consolation prize for us not getting the win. 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, Luke_FfS said:

At least Mauro got one out of three! :P

Great loss for the tank, but I surely expect a lot more from them, still really inconsistent. At least they tried in the last few minutes without giving up even if down by 10+

My luck is changing! Made almost 700 yesterday, headlined by this bad boy:

drWMlU8_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Maybe. But he'd have to leave Wood open under the rim. If he comes over we could very easily give up a dunk there, it's a tough read only muddied by the fact that both Franz and Bamba help off their men but don't really manage a contest.

It's not a great possession all the way around really, Cole gets beat far too easily, we get several guys helping and none of them contest. Watching it back at least Wendell has a man to guard, from the looks of it all Bamba has to do is stick his arm out and he's made a game saving block, he gets there and then kind of stops?

Just a bit of a weird one, that's why I'd rather have had Franz guard the ball though even if he gets caught on the screen he can use his length to affect the shot, Cole kind of just gave up. 

you are right there

as impressed as I am with Cole's offense, his defense is atrocious

on the other hand, I think Suggs game is exactly the opposite

56 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

you are right there

as impressed as I am with Cole's offense, his defense is atrocious

on the other hand, I think Suggs game is exactly the opposite

I think his defense is kind of what you expect from a young guard with a lot of offensive burden. He generally tries to be in the right place, he takes charges and he rebounds but he's not going to stop guys 1 on 1 or blow up a pick and roll with insane lateral quickness. He's not a straight up liability defensively, he's just not a stand out on that end either. 

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think his defense is kind of what you expect from a young guard with a lot of offensive burden. He generally tries to be in the right place, he takes charges and he rebounds but he's not going to stop guys 1 on 1 or blow up a pick and roll with insane lateral quickness. He's not a straight up liability defensively, he's just not a stand out on that end either. 

I think he is well below average defensively