Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Nuggets Official Game Thread - Wed., Dec. 1st @ 7 pm

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Hard to win when you score 15 points in a quarter.  And when you shoot 1-10 from three.  

And….they win, despite that first quarter and despite shooting 22% from three.  I’m glad to eat those words.  

First game back for Anthony after missing six games and he plays a team high 36+ minutes.  Kind of odd.  

• Upvote 1

Would anyone be willing to write a good paragraph on the game? i didn't see it but we won and i was wondering someone would condense a few bullet points to digest. Cole shot alot but were they good shots in the flow or horrible, franz and wagner playing a good game together or were they independently scoring. etc

2 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Would anyone be willing to write a good paragraph on the game? i didn't see it but we won and i was wondering someone would condense a few bullet points to digest. Cole shot alot but were they good shots in the flow or horrible, franz and wagner playing a good game together or were they independently scoring. etc

CTmagicUK always does that. We should get an analysis/break down from him by midnight or a few hours later, est. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

And….they win, despite that first quarter and despite shooting 22% from three.  I’m glad to eat those words.  

First game back for Anthony after missing six games and he plays a team high 36+ minutes.  Kind of odd.  

Very coincidental isn’t that Suggs goes down and Cole is ready to go next game at full strength. And of course Isaac and Markelle still mysteriously down. If this isn’t stealth tanking I don’t know what is. Just my two cents. 

and also Cole showing that alpha again!!!

Coles my favourite magician ever I reckon. Most fans on the boards/Twitter criticise him like he’s a vet, crazy to think he’s only in year two. What if he keeps improving at this rate? Sheesh 

Loved this game. 

AG did a lot of talking when he dunked over Chuma but he left with the L which was sweet. 

Cole is so good man. He misses a lot of layups looking for contact (which as he's more established he might get some whistles for) but his jumper is nice, he rebounds like crazy and his poise in the pick and roll has been great lately. Those back to back buckets he hit in the bottom of the 4th were huge. I don't really have any worries about him being injured and then going straight to 36+ minutes. Cole is the type of guy who's always going to play as hard as he can and want to play as much as possible so makes sense to me to hold him out until he can do that.

WCJ played excellent defense. He might not be a star or even a starter on a great team but he can stay as long as he wants for me.

Every game more and more Franz makes me believe he might be the one. The stuff he does and can do is just so unbelievable for a 6'10 dude. An off the dribble 3 to take the lead in the 4th by a rookie 6'10 guy? No problem. (Also I love that hes taking that shot, he missed one like that badly in a crucial moment in the NCAA tournament and that could have easily gotten to him). We've got some experience watching young 6'8+ guys develop the past 8 years or so and I think it's fair to say Franz is flashing more as a rookie on offense than any of AG, JI or Chuma.

Speaking of Chuma he keeps flashing good stuff, that spin and dunk off the loose ball was a really smart play. He hasn't been as good this season as last yet but Im still holding out hope he'll get there. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Loved this game. 

AG did a lot of talking when he dunked over Chuma but he left with the L which was sweet. 

Cole is so good man. He misses a lot of layups looking for contact (which as he's more established he might get some whistles for) but his jumper is nice, he rebounds like crazy and his poise in the pick and roll has been great lately. Those back to back buckets he hit in the bottom of the 4th were huge. I don't really have any worries about him being injured and then going straight to 36+ minutes. Cole is the type of guy who's always going to play as hard as he can and want to play as much as possible so makes sense to me to hold him out until he can do that.

WCJ played excellent defense. He might not be a star or even a starter on a great team but he can stay as long as he wants for me.

Every game more and more Franz makes me believe he might be the one. The stuff he does and can do is just so unbelievable for a 6'10 dude. An off the dribble 3 to take the lead in the 4th by a rookie 6'10 guy? No problem. (Also I love that hes taking that shot, he missed one like that badly in a crucial moment in the NCAA tournament and that could have easily gotten to him). We've got some experience watching young 6'8+ guys develop the past 8 years or so and I think it's fair to say Franz is flashing more as a rookie on offense than any of AG, JI or Chuma.

Speaking of Chuma he keeps flashing good stuff, that spin and dunk off the loose ball was a really smart play. He hasn't been as good this season as last yet but Im still holding out hope he'll get there. 

This recap was better then the 1:18 secs of video that NBA.com is obligated to upload.

Also what is with our team not having anyone to take the inbounds pass after a nuggets score? I dont think i've ever seen a team have that many games where no one is there and the PG has to yell for people to come back. I also think Cole gets away with carry although thats a league wide NBA issue more then anything else.

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

This recap was better then the 1:18 secs of video that NBA.com is obligated to upload.

Thanks! I always feel like I need to get my thoughts out after I've watched the game (usually the morning or day after its been played) so I just throw them up for myself really so that I'm not thinking about it all day. Glad people seem to like the posts.