Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Cavs Official Game Thread - Sat., Nov. 27th @ 8 pm

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It's not you or the fans I'm worried about.  It's looking like the team expects to lose every game now.

There is definitely something wrong with the guys who are currently playing, and it's not because of injuries.

Are there a bunch of g-leaguers playing on the team now or players brought in from Lakeland?

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

It's not you or the fans I'm worried about.  It's looking like the team expects to lose every game now.

I hear ya!  However, if the fans realize how bad their team is I'm sure the players realize how bad they are.  They are the ones committing silly turnovers/fouls, giving up easy offensive rebounds, continue to miss wide open shots / Free throws, and have terrible offensive execution.  It's hard to imagine they have any hope of winning playing the way they have been.  I guess the coach feels the same way we do and It's too much to play to win, they are being coached to stay competitive and improve at this time.  

3 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

The Philadelphia 76ers have the worst record by a team with 82+ games played in a season, with a record of 9-73 in 1972-73.

Might we challenge that?

I remember that year that the 76ers went 9-73. A few days ago, I thought about it that the Magic seemed to be heading in that direction.

11 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

The Philadelphia 76ers have the worst record by a team with 82+ games played in a season, with a record of 9-73 in 1972-73.

Might we challenge that?

We’d have to go 5-56 the rest of the way, there’s no way that happens barring catastrophic injuries. I see us in the 20-25 win range and competing for the top lotto odds. We’re bad, but we’re not historically bad

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I remember that year that the 76ers went 9-73. A few days ago, I thought about it that the Magic seemed to be heading in that direction.

I was a season ticket holder in 2003 - 2004 when we went 21-61.  That was hard to watch... 9-72 would be BRUTAL.  

I think Mosley needs to reign RJ Hampton in.  I understand he wants to give him opportunities to develop but he's flat out terrible trying to run the offense and create for himself in the half court.  Let him play 3 and D and stress the defense in transition, anything more is setting him up for failure.

5 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

I think Mosley needs to reign RJ Hampton in.  I understand he wants to give him opportunities to develop but he's flat out terrible trying to run the offense and create for himself in the half court.  Let him play 3 and D and stress the defense in transition, anything more is setting him up for failure.

Before Cole got hurt RJ was only getting about 10-15 minutes a game. His minutes are up due to injuries and non competitive games where he plays in the garbage time lineup. He might be out of the rotation entirely when Fultz and Anthony are back in.

WCJ gets his glasses smacked off his face, gets no call on what could have been a flagrant and then ejected for being furious at one of the worst calls of the night (of which there were several bad ones). 

RJ is terrible defensively. Gets lost so often. 

Still struggling to understand how we have 4 injured guards on the roster at once. Was Moore injured when we signed him? 

The FT shooting was awful. Like watching those old AG/EP magic teams. 

Maybe Bamba has a bigger impact on defense than I thought because we were way worse in the paint than usual. 

Has Okeke changed his shooting motion? Looks like he's using the left hand less and so far the results aren't good.

• Like 1