TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bulls - Official Game Thread - Friday 11/26 @ 7:00 PM

Here’s a question: How can Bamba still not post up little guys? It’s insane. Javonte Green is 6’5” and outplayed him. I’d like to see Chuma start at power forward and let Bamba be our backup center.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Suggs has a ways to go but he’s clearly improving. He’s using his strength to get to the rim regularly… now he just needs to work on finishing. Additionally, his three point shot is getting better. His defense, meanwhile, is fantastic. Give the young man some credit.

I'm a fan of him posting guys up. He's so strong he can make that work. He should lean into that more until he improves as a ball handler. Id love to see us run some action to get him deep post positions.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Suggs has a ways to go but he’s clearly improving. He’s using his strength to get to the rim regularly… now he just needs to work on finishing. Additionally, his three point shot is getting better. His defense, meanwhile, is fantastic. Give the young man some credit.

Yep, Suggs played fine last night, shot the ball well, defence was excellent as usual. Handles weren't great again which caused some turnovers and there was a couple of daft fouls but overall he showed plenty of flashes last night. Gary Harris actually played ok as well which was a bit of shock.

Main issue was Bamba and the bench. Franz and WCJ were great, Harris and Suggs were fine, it was everyone else that was terrible.

Also have to laugh at the terrible takes of rookies based off of 20 game samples.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s a question: How can Bamba still not post up little guys? It’s insane. Javonte Green is 6’5” and outplayed him. I’d like to see Chuma start at power forward and let Bamba be our backup center.

I feel like I'm perpetually down on Bamba but I agree. 

There's literally no point in being a 7 footer who can shoot if you can be guarded by a wing with no problem. WCJ doesn't have some impressive post game but if you switch a small guy onto him he's going to try and seal him deep or crash hard to the offensive glass. 

I think a lot of you all forget that this is only the 2nd year Suggs has had to fully focus on basketball. He was a football star in HS so only played bball half the year for 4 years of HS. 

The man has poor handles but will get better guaranteed. Too athletic not to.

This is Oladipo all over again. Be patient y’all. Seriously. 

Franz Wagner playing point forward, came out of the blue for me. How does a coach make a decision to have a player who is "Listed at 6 feet 9 inches and 220 pounds, he plays the small forward position" to sub in as a point guard? Maybe he showed the ability to handle the ball (floor general) in practice?

I don't follow college basketball, but for the fans who followed him in college, did he at times play the point forward position?

I love it! I want to see more. As I said before, hall of famer Magic Johnson, who was one of my favorite players, played point guard with the Lakers at 6 ft 8 in.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Franz Wagner playing point forward, came out of the blue for me. How does a coach make a decision to have a player who is "Listed at 6 feet 9 inches and 220 pounds, he plays the small forward position" to sub in as a point guard? Maybe he showed the ability to handle the ball (floor general) in practice?

I don't follow college basketball, but for the fans who followed him in college, did he at times play the point forward position?

I love it! I want to see more. As I said before, hall of famer Magic Johnson, who was one of my favorite players, played point guard with the Lakers at 6 ft 8 in.

He was regarded as a high IQ player that can pass well in the half court and in the pick and roll. So he had the ability. I think it's shocked everyone at how quickly he's utilised it at NBA level. Main thing for Franz will be to improve his handle as that will go a long way towards him being able to actually play point forward and do it for longer periods. He does manage it there will be a lot of Hedo comparisons.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

He was regarded as a high IQ player that can pass well in the half court and in the pick and roll. So he had the ability. I think it's shocked everyone at how quickly he's utilised it at NBA level. Main thing for Franz will be to improve his handle as that will go a long way towards him being able to actually play point forward and do it for longer periods. He does manage it there will be a lot of Hedo comparisons.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Hedo played point forward at times.

Absolutely do not agree that Suggs will be a good SG. He can’t shoot, his first step is slow, not explosive, no handles and a bit undersized…I agree that he is a good defender but that is almost it…so either he somehow becomes a serviceable PG or just a wasted pick..,

• Downvote 2

If we compare Jalen Green and Jalen Suggs, what’s interesting is that Suggs has been far better according to advanced stats. Green’s advanced +/- is a horrible -20.8 (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1630224/). Suggs, meanwhile, is a -7.2 (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1630591/). I’m truly curious the kind of player Suggs will become. 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, Babir_9 said:

his first step is slow, not explosive

This does not track with what I've seen from Suggs at all.

I'll give you the shooting and the handles (his handle is fine for a SG though just not for a lead ball handler).