TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bulls - Official Game Thread - Friday 11/26 @ 7:00 PM

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz and WCJ are the only ones who have shown up tonight. The Franz/WCJ pick n roll has been encouraging. Franz as the playmaker has been also… everybody else sucks and should’ve stayed home

So disappointing.

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

RJ Hampton is not good at basketball

He's really not. He needs to play the 3 in 3 guard lineups or the 2 in lineups with Franz because he has no natural playmaking ability. He's just bursty. He needs to just attack closeouts, run in transition and spot up. 

Franz is our best player still. WCJ is awesome when he's aggressive, wish he played like that every night. Everyone else was bad.

Jalen Suggs is not an NBA PG without a lot of growth. Loose handle, not a lot of shake, picks up his handle too often. He's got a lot going for him and I think he'll be a positive NBA player fairly quickly but not as a PG. I like he's getting the reps though, this'll help in the long run. 

I also love the amount of playmaking reps Franz is getting with all these PGs out. He's also making some terrific reads already. Before the season I said something along the lines of it was a shame he wasn't our only rookie because he'd benefit from playmaking reps which he wouldn't get with us having Cole, RJ, Suggs to develop. Little did I know he'd basically play backup PG in several NBA games this season. 

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Franz is our best player still. WCJ is awesome when he's aggressive, wish he played like that every night. Everyone else was bad.

Jalen Suggs is not an NBA PG without a lot of growth. Loose handle, not a lot of shake, picks up his handle too often. He's got a lot going for him and I think he'll be a positive NBA player fairly quickly but not as a PG. I like he's getting the reps though, this'll help in the long run. 

I also love the amount of playmaking reps Franz is getting with all these PGs out. He's also making some terrific reads already. Before the season I said something along the lines of it was a shame he wasn't our only rookie because he'd benefit from playmaking reps which he wouldn't get with us having Cole, RJ, Suggs to develop. Little did I know he'd basically play backup PG in several NBA games this season. 

Agree. Especially on Suggs…just shows again how bad is our front office. Raptors did a great evaluation and realised that Suggs is extremely overrated. They needed a young PG with Lowry’s departure but opted for Barnes…I watched almost every game this season just to see how Suggs plays…absolutely nothing special and yes I just can’t see him being a good PG…I wish we would get Giddey or even Mitchel…

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

Agree. Especially on Suggs…just shows again how bad is our front office. Raptors did a great evaluation and realised that Suggs is extremely overrated. They needed a young PG with Lowry’s departure but opted for Barnes…I watched almost every game this season just to see how Suggs plays…absolutely nothing special and yes I just can’t see him being a good PG…I wish we would get Giddey or even Mitchel…

Let’s not give up on Suggs after 20 games.  He’s shown great competitiveness and leadership, tremendous effort on defense.  Everything else will come.  He has the skills.  

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

Yea no I don't agree with this. Suggs is going to be a good player. He's just going to be more of a SG/CG. And he wasn't a bad pick by any stretch. I certainly wouldn't trade him for Davion Mitchell. 

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Bad take on Suggs especially considering we haven’t even played 1/3 of the schedule yet. He’s definitely not a PG but that isn’t a bad thing considering we have Cole and hopefully Markelle coming back soon. He needs to play off ball more where he can attack the defense by driving to the basket and hitting spot up jumpers. Suggs problem right now is when he needs to create for himself or others his handle just isn’t there. He is still one of our best on ball defenders especially in the pick and roll and he will only get better on that side of the ball as the season progresses. Are we all disappointed his offense isn’t as NBA ready as we all thought it would be from day 1 sure but that doesn’t mean we bombed on the pick or our FO is bad. Let the kid get a full season under his belt before you make any assumptions about his career and even then it would be too early since he’s only 20 years old and this is the first year he solely focuses on basketball. 

Suggs has a ways to go but he’s clearly improving. He’s using his strength to get to the rim regularly… now he just needs to work on finishing. Additionally, his three point shot is getting better. His defense, meanwhile, is fantastic. Give the young man some credit.