Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Hornets Official Game Thread - Wed., Nov. 24th @ 7 pm

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz Wagner is our best point guard active tonight, which is both good and bad, I guess.

When I saw him handling the ball, I wondered if he was playing pg. In my opinion that was when the Magic made a come back.

Maybe we should use Franz as a point forward until Fultz and Cole return. You know, Magic Johnson played point guard for the Lakers, and he was/is 6 ft. 8in.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

When I saw him handling the ball, I wondered if he was playing pg. In my opinion that was when the Magic made a come back.

Maybe we should use Franz as a point forward until Fultz and Cole return. You know, Magic Johnson played point guard for the Lakers, and he was/is 6 ft. 8in.

I’d love to see that

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I think the thought is we want Suggs / Hampton to learn to play PG and fulfill some of their playmaking potential, and they’re only going to do so through trying it and failing at it. 

Y’all remember Oladipo as the primary ball handler his rookie year? It was ugly to watch but there was hope that he’d get his handle under control and become a better decision maker with time. Sure enough, 4 seasons later, he was an All-Star. 

Hard to win games when you have 0 full time PGs active. I liked the couple of lobs we threw, I always felt like we should utilise those more with Bamba and WCJ in the front court and we got some easy buckets from it here. 

I didn't like much else. I know they play at a break neck pace but we have up some really bad baskets in transition. We also had some really scrappy defensive possessions that still ended in them making a tough shot. But that's how the game is sometimes.