Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Nets - Official Game Thread - Friday 11/19 @ 7:30 PM

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Tweet Tweet Mooooo

8 of 18

15 games and still not 1 in the fifties

and if you are going to keep quoting me, first make sure that he gets to 50% any given game

btw, I am rooting for the team and for him, but he needs to be well above 40%, not at 33%.

Eh sucks to lose but we will take alot from that game, Chuma is back which is huge. Lose a close one to a top team and keep the lottery balls. Refs were *****ing disgusting, we looked the better team. Harden is a hard watch 

Great fight, tough to win when your playing 5 on 8. Man, I hate watching James Harden bastardize basketball.

Good thing tonight is Suggs’ shot starting to fall early. I appreciated that his effort didn’t wane on D and he still looked to make the best play even when he was hot.

First quarter was the best we’ve looked all season. Something to build off of for sure. Also, it’s time to start Chuma at the 4. I honestly don’t care which of WCJ or Bamba start next to him.

on to the next one. Go Magic!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

8 of 18

15 games and still not 1 in the fifties

and if you are going to keep quoting me, first make sure that he gets to 50% any given game

btw, I am rooting for the team and for him, but he needs to be well above 40%, not at 33%.

He was 6 for 6 at the time.  Granted he hardly hit another shot all game

Just finished the game. The end was bull****. Iced Ross on the FT line for no reason, called a foul when it could have easily been a jump ball. Aldridge got away with some physical arm movements in the post in those late buckets. 

Was a fun game though. The first quarter was like we were the Harlem Globetrotters at times. Was clear the Nets had underestimated us and they turned it on from the second quarter onwards.

I'm a lot higher on Cole now than I was at the start of the season. His pull-up shooting is legit and his pick and roll craft has improved a bunch. 

Okeke had the best game of his season. Franz and Suggs both flashed more stuff. 

Not sure why we were soft switching Harden/Aldridge pick and rolls so much though. Just a recipe for disaster leaving Bamba out there guarding Harden. Much rather see Franz fight to stay in front, we know he can do that. 

• Upvote 1

Also if you're going to switch the pick and roll isn't Carter the better choice at C? Feel like he barely played in the second half but he's a lot more mobile than Bamba.

Suggs does not look confident playing one on one with his defender. His first step either is not explosive at all or he is just not confident driving to the basket and finishing with the layups…

Something that has always bugged me about basketball strategy is why basically everyone shuts down and plays so tentative in the end of the 4th quarter. Even the awesome Curry Warriors did that against the Cavs.

If your strength is pace and space just keep doing that for the entire game. Who cares if it leads to more turnovers?

In our case, Harden, Griffin and Aldridge are slow veterans who were getting run off the court in the first half. We should have just kept our foot on the gas.

Also didn’t like Bamba being moved away from the basket. He was blocking shots left and right