Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Knicks - Official Game Thread - Wednesday 11/17 @ 7:30 PM

8 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

First game I've watched.  Noticed that Hampton got barely any PT, and seemed pretty aimless and disengaged when he was in.  Has this been the case all year?

I think Hampton will improve given time. For most of his past he has played in the backcourt, with the ball in his hands. He's now playing less PG and much more SF - meaning he is usually guarding, and being guarded by, bigger guys than he is used to. I see flashes of the player he can be, if he can put it together. RJ is still young, I think we just need a bit more patience. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think Hampton will improve given time. For most of his past he has played in the backcourt, with the ball in his hands. He's now playing less PG and much more SF - meaning he is usually guarding, and being guarded by, bigger guys than he is used to. I see flashes of the player he can be, if he can put it together. RJ is still young, I think we just need a bit more patience. 

Agree

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

5/12.  I looked up to see if there was anything hovering.  Cow poop raining down from the heavens could be a problem.  

Great win.  The intensity Suggs and Anthony play with is becoming a big factor in the character of this team.  

yea, he made some plays, but his shooting is still horrid. And he didn't get to 50%, so my point is valid.

However, the hope is that he keeps up the good work, this season is all about improving so I don't mind him being in the 35% ish if he can improve other areas, like defense, steals and passing.

4 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

yea, he made some plays, but his shooting is still horrid. And he didn't get to 50%, so my point is valid.

However, the hope is that he keeps up the good work, this season is all about improving so I don't mind him being in the 35% ish if he can improve other areas, like defense, steals and passing.

I think his shot will improve with time.  And he seems to be a clutch player already.  He didn’t get to 50% but could not have been closer (if he made one more shot he was there)

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think his shot will improve with time.  And he seems to be a clutch player already.  He didn’t get to 50% but could not have been closer (if he made one more shot he was there)

actually he needed to make two more shots out of two in order to be 7-14.

he has shot 32% fg and 23% 3pt

On 11/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, alwaystragic said:

actually he needed to make two more shots out of two in order to be 7-14.

he has shot 32% fg and 23% 3pt

I meant if he had made one more of the 12 he had taken.  His shooting has been bad so far but we are talking about the first 10-15 games of his pro career.  His form  looks good and he appears to be a great competitor.  I would not draw any conclusions about his shooting yet.  It’s way too early.  

• Upvote 1