Mauro Pedrosa

MAGIC @ Spurs Official Game Thread 8.30 EST

Just now, Jay Magic said:

He will develop. Its game 1. Longterm I'm not concerned 

Agreed, I just think the game is too fast for him right now and he’s also being out muscled by the guys that are guarding him. I was hoping he would look better for us starting off but we will have to temper our expectations from him until we get more of our starters back.

5 hours ago, FanSinceTmac said:

Magic by 5

4 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

Very excited for tonight. Hoping for a competitive showing, and growth from our guys. I think it’s winnable 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We win!

Fan optimism meets reality

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

No telling how long that will take, though, and it's not like any of those players are established stars.

while this is true, they are very much on par at full strength with Murray / White / Walker / Vassell. Spurs have the edge in experience and continuity, and until we are both full strength, talent.

Just now, JJZFL said:

Lmaooo yeah, but what can ya do? It won’t keep me from hoping the same way moving forward. Our guard play has to improve (among other things,) but they’re really young. I’ll still be following regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, O_SteveO said:

Lmaooo yeah, but what can ya do? It won’t keep me from hoping the same way moving forward. Our guard play has to improve (among other things,) but they’re really young. I’ll still be following regardless. 

Likewise, but my goodness I think they want this particular night to end.

You just can't expect much when your best offensive player is Terrence Ross. Suggs and Anthony will both get better. Isaac, Fultz and Okeke will get healthy eventually. And stay healthy hopefully.

1 minute ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Likewise, but my goodness I think they want this particular night to end.

You always do when you’re gettin ya butt whooped 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I have no problem with it. You are just a constant debbie downer. Its actually slightly jarring 

• Like 1

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I have no problem with it. You are just a constant debbie downer. Its actually slightly jarring 

I think it's more like realism vs pie in the sky optimism.  We have the worst record in the NBA over the past 10 years and you've been consistently optimistic about us the entire time.  At some point it's just detached from reality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

No telling how long that will take, though, and it's not like any of those players are established stars.

True, but they should be a significant upgrade compared to some of the guys playing tonight.