Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, GH was a Nugget. He’s still super young for how long it feels like he’s been in the league, but he can’t stay healthy and hasn’t been able to for years. His biggest appeal to us is a $20 million expiring contract. 

Which will probably be an expiring contract that just expires. Don't get too excited, we need that money but i'll be a monkeys uncle if we use him to flip for some player who is impactful.

I'm still amazed at what other teams turn bad contracts into. I like to downplay things. Instead of using best case scenarios like the Heat trading players left and right or the Wizards getting rid of John Wall, or even OKC doing whatever the heck they are doing, how about Phoenix somehow getting Chris Paul? Even when they sucked, i simply didn't think they could swing it financially. Moves can be made. This year is going to be all about development but it's really about that draft pick. If we can't move some pieces to get better fitting pieces we are gonna suck for another decade. Chris is a HOF but don't tell me people didn't think he was washed. And his contract was huge. How about the Hawks getting Clint Capella? How about the Knicks taking a small chance on Randle? 

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Harris played with denver right?

My mistake.  You are correct of course.  My main point that he couldn’t stay healthy was correct though, I think.  

18 minutes ago, zollman said:

Sorry all it’s my fault. I just turned it on when we were up by 2.  Will turn it off now.

Hahaha we came back as well

Again - Cole is streaky as anything. Sure - he’s been great tonight, but this is his first good game since summer league, preseason, and our first 2 regular season games. 

This game changes nothing to me on my long-term view of Cole until he does this every other game. 

Focusing on positive takeaways from this game so far:

We’ve learned from our mistakes last game. We’re passing more, playing better defense, and are being more aggressive in driving to the basket (even if it’s leading to blocks, FT’s seem to be up). All of that is COACHING - so that’s encouraging to me that Coach Mos has made a lot of good adjustments against the same team we got blown out to 2 days prior.