Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I have no earthly idea. I just wish we’d put our guys in the best position to grow and succeed, and I’m not sure we’re seeing that right now.

We’re definitely not, and while it’s always the right move to not force a move, the lack of activity at the trade deadline on pieces we could cash in for that we may lose for nothing is a contradiction to the approach we’ve taken this season. Isaac’s injury was over a year and a half ago and I’ve seen way too many Markelle practice videos for him to still be out with no official updates. They’ll never lose me as a fan, it’s in my blood, but this is one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember.

• Upvote 2

Second night of a back to back, midway through a long road trip, against the best team in the West? Schedule loss written all over it. I get to see the boys in person for the first time all season on Monday, so that’ll be fun! Hope they show up.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Watching Bamba play defense is painful at times.

Edit: And so is watching Carter Jr shoot threes.

I look forward to when we can stop pretending Wendell is a 4.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 1:22 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

True. It’s just a sneak tanking tactic, but it’s hard to watch 

I wouldn’t think messing with the development of one of your most promising young players would be something they would ever do on purpose.    I think they believe this is the best approach.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I wouldn’t think messing with the development of one of your most promising young players would be something they would ever do on purpose.    I think they believe this is the best approach.  

Not having a true 4 starting is quite dreadful. The trade of AG, which I supported and still do, and the loss of Isaac means we’re playing a very imbalanced set. Think about this… What are the strengths of our guards? … Running and gunning. Suggs might be the quickest guard in the league. Well how are our guards supposed to run with two lumbering bigs? It makes no sense.

Add to that the reality that Bamba’s slow switches are killing us and he has no little physical presence down low… even though he’s a towering human. It just doesn’t work. Bamba is a Channing Frye type who should be coming off the bench… or situationally coming off the bench. Honestly, this all is as much a management thing as it is a coaching thing, as our cupboard is quite bare. Our roster is imbalanced.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Not having a true 4 starting is quite dreadful. The trade of AG, which I supported and still do, and the loss of Isaac means we’re playing a very imbalanced set. Think about this… What are the strengths of our guards? … Running and gunning. Suggs might be the quickest guard in the league. Well how are our guards supposed to run with two lumbering bigs? It makes no sense.

Add to that the reality that Bamba’s slow switches are killing us and he has no little physical presence down low… even though he’s a towering human. It just doesn’t work. Bamba is a Channing Frye type who should be coming off the bench… or situationally coming off the bench. Honestly, this all is as much a management thing as it is a coaching thing, as our cupboard is quite bare. Our roster is imbalanced.

I agree with you but it’s not a “stealth tanking” move.  It’s just an imbalanced roster that’s forcing a weird combination that may still be better than the alternatives, given the available personnel.  

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with you but it’s not a “stealth tanking” move.  It’s just an imbalanced roster that’s forcing a weird combination that may still be better than the alternatives, given the available personnel.  

I agree. Remember the Darko/Dwight days? Feels like the hipster version of that season. (Don’t get me wrong, I love Wendell’s glasses and all. Lol)

23 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Bamba is horrible and Okeke is not an NBA player. That is all. 

Okeke is 23, in only his 2nd season, and would have been a top 10 draft pick before injury. Let's not throw in the towel on the guy just yet. lol 

• Like 2