Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Especially when the other team barely goes through the motions on defense.  How many points have we given up in the first halves of recent games?

Memphis is an excellent team but we are making them look better than they are.  By the way we are being outrebounded 57-34.  We have plenty of height on our young team.   That statistic is all about effort ( or lack thereof).  Disgusting.  

I can’t understand how a guy as tall and long as Bamba gets only 3 rebounds.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Bamba is the biggest waste of size I’ve ever seen. It’s time to move on. He’s definitely worse than WCJ, and he’s probably not even the best Mo on the team (and that’s not saying Moe Wagner is good).

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I'm hoping some GM out there thinks that they can get him to play better for his team, and gives us someone decent for him. With his length and hops he SHOULD be a rebounding machine.

6 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I'm hoping some GM out there thinks that they can get him to play better for his team, and gives us someone decent for him. With his length and hops he SHOULD be a rebounding machine.

You can’t teach height, and apparently you can’t teach motor either. Very unfortunate. 

Bamba’s issue is not only a poor rebounding. He absolutely can’t defend in the post. Before he was lacking weight, now he added some but still guys like Adams and Embiid, even smaller post up players absolutely destroy him in the paint…

if we can get any first round pick for him it would be a steal for us.

12 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Irritating to listen to Turner, as usual.  He heaps praise on Memphis for their offense.  Not a word about our pitiful lack of defense. You’d think he was announcing for Memphis.      I sure wish they would get rid of him.   

Granted Turner can be irritating but that aint the problem.

So the trade deadline is coming up. We all agree that Bamba must be gone but as bad as he is you won't get anything of value back. The only hope of getting something useful is packaging him ,Ross maybe RJ and the TPE. With all that you may be able to get a rotation player but not much else. This is where GM's earn their money, let's hope ours aren't out on vacation somewhere.

+1 to all the previous posts talking about lack of effort.

76 points at half time. 108 after 3 quarters. Not the first time. We maybe are too young and without talent to be a good offensive team, but those young guys should give everything they can in the defensive end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

+1 to all the previoust posts talking about lack of effort.

76 points at half time. 108 after 3 quarters. Not the first time. We maybe are too young and without talent to be a good offensive team, but those young guys should give everything they can in the defensive end.

This