Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Bamab needs to be traded. Same thing we have been saying for 4 years. Watch him walk around hes always hanging has his head down, almost like he doesnt care (i'm not saying he doesnt care) but there is something wrong in his inner self, such as confidence or awareness or his own motor. Watch his postioning on many shots its like he could have blocked them but he just doesnt have the timing and awareness to jump at the right time.

It might develop but i think we are better off trading him for value and let someone else think they can maximize him. He reminds me of Jeff Green and T Ross, all the talent and attributes but just can't make it to that next level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Bamab needs to be traded. Same thing we have been saying for 4 years. Watch him walk around hes always hanging has his head down, almost like he doesnt care (i'm not saying he doesnt care) but there is something wrong in his inner self, such as confidence or awareness or his own motor. Watch his postioning on many shots its like he could have blocked them but he just doesnt have the timing and awareness to jump at the right time.

It might develop but i think we are better off trading him for value and let someone else think they can maximize him. He reminds me of Jeff Green and T Ross, all the talent and attributes but just can't make it to that next level.

Sorry but he's not even close to Jeff Green or T Ross. He'll be out of the league in two years. Get what you can for him immediately.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Sorry but he's not even close to Jeff Green or T Ross. He'll be out of the league in two years. Get what you can for him immediately.

I said he reminds me of them with the defining feature being that they never make it to the next level that people thought they were going to be.

• Upvote 1

I saw where the Boston beat writers proposed a Nesmith/Schroder trade Phoenix for Jalen Smith (link below).  The same deal works with Bamba in the trade machine.  Nesmith isn't getting much playing time with Boston, and Schroder is an expiring.

https://chowderandchampions.com/2022/01/14/celtics-news-rumors-tatum-brown-thriving-jalen-smith-radar/

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Trading bamba/ross/harris away are the 3 best possible in season moves that we can make

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I saw where the Boston beat writers proposed a Nesmith/Schroder trade Phoenix for Jalen Smith (link below).  The same deal works with Bamba in the trade machine.  Nesmith isn't getting much playing time with Boston, and Schroder is an expiring.

https://chowderandchampions.com/2022/01/14/celtics-news-rumors-tatum-brown-thriving-jalen-smith-radar/

Let’s go! Then we could flip Dennis.

10 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I said he reminds me of them with the defining feature being that they never make it to the next level that people thought they were going to be.

those are two great comparisons for Bamba's comparative disappointment.

13 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I think it just comes down to the fact that Bamba is more interested in other things outside of Basketball, but he's stuck in the body of a man who is 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan. You basically get automatically selected to play college ball and if you're smart, which he is based on his general conversational intelligence and known love for reading, you can get drafted pretty high based on natural ability, which he has.

The biggest concern ALWAYS was motor, even when he drafted him. We were the #6 pick in a top 5 heavy draft so we hoped we could change him. 

The fact is that Mo has all the gifts in the world but very little of the competitive fire to sustain effort "when the going gets tough" or fatigue sets in on the court. It might take a different coach or a different locker room to get the most of out him (think hanging with LeBron and Russ with the Lakers - hyper-competitors). I don't think that locker room is the Magic, though I would love to be wrong. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

They are either tongues wagging or they are preparing the public for a possible deal. My opinion, I could be wrong :)

Well we went a whole game (against Clippers) without a single post.  Even the die hard fans here have had enough of this season, I guess.  And honestly we looked pretty bad, so not that much to say, I guess.