Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Franz in summer league made me question if he could even play in the NBA. Now, he’s been arguably our best player and exceptionally good. I honestly can’t believe it 

• Upvote 1

What a fun game that was! 

Franz Wagner... When we drafted him I thought he had starter on a playoff team potential if he got his jumper locked down... But his jumper already looks great, he's probably our best defensive player already and he's a really smart passer and cutter, and he's like 21. What I liked about Mosely last night is he just started to run stuff through Franz in the 4th which I think will be really important for his development as an on ball passer and decision maker. If he improves his handle and adds a bit more strength to finish inside and guard bigger guys... The sky could be the limit. He's awesome. 

Cole Anthony must hate Minnesota. A game winner on them last season. Torched them last night. When his jumper is falling he looks like a star. 

Win or lose this team is fun. The offense struggles but the team share the ball and play with pace and space like Mosely promised. 

Defensively we can look like a top defensive team who smothers and hounds and then the next possession we give up an uncontested layup. It's frustrating but that's the inconsistency of all the youth. 

If anyone is not having fun this season I feel sorry for you. I'm having a blast watching this team.

It's super dumb but I just saw someone call Franz 'The Franzchise' and I just want you all to know that if Franz does become an All Star I stand behind that as his nickname. 

• Like 2

I’m also willing to admit that my comment about Cole’s streaky nature and his inability to be a starting PG whom gets everyone involved may have been premature. 

The question now becomes does Markele get the starting job back in light of Cole’s recent play? Or do we still make Cole our 6th man and offensive spark off the bench?

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m also willing to admit that my comment about Cole’s streaky nature and his inability to be a starting PG whom gets everyone involved may have been premature. 

The question now becomes does Markele get the starting job back in light of Cole’s recent play? Or do we still make Cole our 6th man and offensive spark off the bench?

I don't know which way that will turn out but either way "the torch" will be burning elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m thinking they will need to move Cole to the bench to provide that spark we are severely lacking right now with the 2nd unit. Putting Fultz back into the starting lineup will improve our already surprising/impressive defense and will also give our rotations some balance. Right now our 2nd unit is atrocious and is in need of some scoring in the worst way possible. Fultz also has a more natural feel for the position and will help get guys like Suggs and Franz easier looks on the offensive end. It’s a good problem to have honestly and once we get JI back either Mo or Wendell will help our 2nd unit, with Chuma as well, and Anthony running the show in that lineup. 

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not sure Fultz can do what Cole just did

Agree with you here on the scoring front but Fultz can most certainly out produce Cole in the assists and defensive department. He’s a better passer, playmaker, and defender than Cole and that’s what we need in our starting 5. Bringing Cole off the bench as our 6th man would allow him to keep looking for his shot and help our lackluster 2nd unit out in the process. 

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Agree with you here on the scoring front but Fultz can most certainly out produce Cole in the assists and defensive department. He’s a better passer, playmaker, and defender than Cole and that’s what we need in our starting 5. Bringing Cole off the bench as our 6th man would allow him to keep looking for his shot and help our lackluster 2nd unit out in the process. 

I think that hinges on Fultz still having his explosiveness. Some guys are not the same after blowing their ACL. If Fultz lack the quickness to keep up Defensively then he is useless to this team. I think Cole maybe has passed him and should start. And again maybe we revisit Issac or Fultz for Ben Simmons if we need someone to just be a better playmaker. Simmons is a way better defender then Fultz and I think a great fit with Franz, Cole and Suggs.