Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Not sure I agree with that.  Cole had 5 assists and two turnovers.  The ball seems to move well when he’s in the game and it doesn’t move at all when both he and Suggs are out.  

True, probably just frustrated with recency bias after the last ending. Im looking forward to playing a team who’s coach doesn’t apply the “they can’t call all fouls, so hack away every play” method. Miami, Toronto and New York as 4 of our 6 games has been brutal

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

After last nights game our starting 5 has the best net rating in the league of 5 man lineups that have played at least 48 minutes together! lol

Wow. That’s encouraging 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J-Mac said:

With everyone healthy our starting 5 would probably be Fultz, Suggs, Chum, Issac, Carter. That would make our bench improve a lot Cole, Ross, Harris, Franz, Bamba

That’s what I thought prior to the season starting but I don’t think you can bench Cole, or Bamba with how they’ve played so far. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, King Close said:

That’s what I thought prior to the season starting but I don’t think you can bench Cole, or Bamba with how they’ve played so far. 

which again leads to my question...if we needed to start just 1 of bamba and wcj, who would we choose?

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

which again leads to my question...if we needed to start just 1 of bamba and wcj, who would we choose?

WCJ has been good but I would lean more towards Mo simply due to the fact I believe he has more potential and is more versatile. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, King Close said:

Cole needs to move to the bench so we can use his scoring punch with the second unit. Fultz is a much better play maker and defender which helps balance out our starting 5. Once Fultz is ready I see him and Suggs sharing the backcourt together. 

4 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

I think that at this point (and with everyone healthy) they can easily play 24 minutes each, with the coaches pretending great effort in those "limited" minutes, and let them earn who finish the game.
If one of the two is playing better on a given night, use him more obviously.

They seem, and that's honestly a suprise, to work well together. It's obviously a small sample, but in certain matchups could be a solution to be used too.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Sounds like we get Chuma back tonight!

Finally! Great, that could help our rotation a lot. Curious to see how will change