Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

16 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m just going to highlight these last two in light of what just happened in the draft lottery and draft. We tanked and because of it, the odds were in our favor. Sha-BAM!

Our odds were about the same this year as last year when we got fifth.  Of course if you’re terrible for multiple years, sooner or later you luck out and get first.  But look at the price we paid.  You enjoy watching our team these past few years?

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Our odds were about the same this year as last year when we got fifth.  Of course if you’re terrible for multiple years, sooner or later you luck out and get first.  But look at the price we paid.  You enjoy watching our team these past few years?

No, but I’ll really enjoy watching our team with a deep playoff run in 2-3 years with our 7 top 10 draft picks leading the rotation rather than consistent 1st round exits when we made it over the last decade. 

57 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

No, but I’ll really enjoy watching our team with a deep playoff run in 2-3 years with our 7 top 10 draft picks leading the rotation rather than consistent 1st round exits when we made it over the last decade. 

I’ll enjoy that also.  If it happens.  Wouldn’t bank on it.  

The crappy team with consistent first round exits also had multiple high draft picks and was a bad result of an initial tanking strategy.   We’ll have to see if we can avoid the same outcome this time.   Not as easy as you think to go from doormat to deep playoff run.