Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Quentin Richardson and Dante are letting it be known that this performance was inexcusable and I love it Quentin always keeps it real 

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

Quentin Richardson and Dante are letting it be known that this performance was inexcusable and I love it Quentin always keeps it real 

On the one hand they rightly criticize these poor performances and on the other hand, all the media coverage is how the Magic need to lose all the rest of the games.  And we can see from the line-ups that they are trying to lose.  These kind of mixed messages do lasting damage to the players.  They're not stupid.  They understand the team isn't trying to win, despite lip service to the contrary.  Why should they put out 100% effort to win when no one really wants them to win??  So they learn to coast, which is the opposite of what they really need to be learning.  It's hard enough to win in the NBA even when you put forth 100% effort.  Building a culture of giving it all every night trying to win is something that needs to be nurtured and developed, but it's not what we're doing.  It's not something that can be switched on and off.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Lol, hasn’t that been the last decade of Magic basketball?

The real question is whether it will be the next decade also.

32 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

On the one hand they rightly criticize these poor performances and on the other hand, all the media coverage is how the Magic need to lose all the rest of the games.  And we can see from the line-ups that they are trying to lose.  These kind of mixed messages do lasting damage to the players.  They're not stupid.  They understand the team isn't trying to win, despite lip service to the contrary.  Why should they put out 100% effort to win when no one really wants them to win??  So they learn to coast, which is the opposite of what they really need to be learning.  It's hard enough to win in the NBA even when you put forth 100% effort.  Building a culture of giving it all every night trying to win is something that needs to be nurtured and developed, but it's not what we're doing.  It's not something that can be switched on and off.

I understand people playing by percentages but in the past 20 yrs only about 5 number 1 picks became the best players from their drafts if I counted correctly 

I hope that at least FO will get creative with the pick they got from that sad tanking, trading it for something good would be the only way to make me forget about those games in the end of the season...

On 4/4/2022 at 4:51 AM, JJZFL said:

Why not play for the sake of a good game - then there will be victories. But I don't understand why the media is saying that they need to lose the remaining games!

6 hours ago, JackRussel said:

Why not play for the sake of a good game - then there will be victories. But I don't understand why the media is saying that they need to lose the remaining games.

For slightly better draft odds

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:12 AM, JackRussel said:

Why not play for the sake of a good game - then there will be victories. But I don't understand why the media is saying that they need to lose the remaining games!

On 5/6/2022 at 9:14 AM, JJZFL said:

For slightly better draft odds

I’m just going to highlight these last two in light of what just happened in the draft lottery and draft. We tanked and because of it, the odds were in our favor. Sha-BAM!