Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Suggs has a lot of Oladipo in him. He seems to just head down bull to the rim and not finish very well. Hopefully a little of Franz's finesse will rub off on him.

Fun game though, it's good to get a win now and then.

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Start Chuma at the 4 and bring back Markelle for the last 21 games or we riot. 

This, and overall, please coach make some moves... try something different... use advanced stats... when something isn't working, you can try to fix, or at least improve it. (first quarter was again a complete mess, and 33 points against)

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

This, and overall, please coach make some moves... try something different... use advanced stats... when something isn't working, you can try to fix, or at least improve it. (first quarter was again a complete mess, and 33 points against)

Honestly, Suggs plays so out of control at times that I wouldn’t mind him coming off the bench. There’s no reason to force his development at the expense of the team. I remain convinced that Harris and Okeke should start, somehow or some way.

Magic played well in the first quarter, and then let up, Washington back into it. It looks like it's going to be another back & forth type of tight game. No WCJ tonight? I 've seen Bamba, Lopez, both Wagners, and Okeke in the front court. Any idea what's up with WCJ tonight? Haven't seen Harris either, is he injured too? 

13 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Magic played well in the first quarter, and then let up, Washington back into it. It looks like it's going to be another back & forth type of tight game. No WCJ tonight? I 've seen Bamba, Lopez, both Wagners, and Okeke in the front court. Any idea what's up with WCJ tonight? Haven't seen Harris either, is he injured too? 

Wendell is out with a sore wrist… also known as if he plays, we win. This will be another Gary Harris DNP CD, because he also has the same affliction lately where in games he plays in, we win.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

These last couple 4th quarters have been a really good reminder that Moe Wagner isn’t a 5 in the NBA. Gafford is abusing him

That's only part of it though. The Magic are switching on most of the screens, so Washington's bigs are generally going to the basket against our guards. It also is leaving Moe out of position for rebounding.