Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

13 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Okeke is 23, in only his 2nd season, and would have been a top 10 draft pick before injury. Let's not throw in the towel on the guy just yet. lol 

His defense is nba caliber. I’ll give him that. But he is absolutely clueless on offense and can’t shoot a three. I can blame some on coaching, but he is glaringly bad on that end of the floor. Off balance when shooting, dribbling into the lane with zero idea of how to put his body against the defender for leverage or if he wants to shoot or pass. At 23 he should be way way better. 

Watching them play, it’s like we don’t care about how the game turns out.  10 turnovers in the half,  we give up 72 points in the half, but since they are “trying” it’s all ok.  What a great way to install a damaging mental outlook in our young players which may last for the rest of their careers.

I hope at least the tankers are enjoying this.  They’ll probably get to enjoy the same thing for years to come.  

People always thought cliff was wrong for playing Khem over bamba but bamba is not good and I’m glad people are finally seeing it. If bamba is not hitting threes he is useless on offense. I don’t understand how teams that switch on defense will have a PG on Bamba and bamba can’t get position to take advantage. Then on defense he gets bullied and is usually why the defense breaks down in the first place. For someone with a crazy wingspan it amazes me how so many people are not fazed driving on him. Like when we were playing the clippers justice Winslow was taking it to him….JUSTICE WINSLOW!!!!

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Watching them play, it’s like we don’t care about how the game turns out.  10 turnovers in the half,  we give up 72 points in the half, but since they are “trying” it’s all ok.  What a great way to install a damaging mental outlook in our young players which may last for the rest of their careers.

I hope at least the tankers are enjoying this.  They’ll probably get to enjoy the same thing for years to come.  

Not a tanker fan. not enjoying this. BUT allegedly we should get a good draft pick so honestly.... on to the draft with an every once in a while glance and the box score.   Watching the game is asking for frustration,  and I have enough in 2022. 

• Downvote 1

I was going to write the same about def, points conceded after first quarter and first half, and so on...

So disappointing. We thought that Portland was going to tank, and they're winning after the deadline. Sometimes it's only a matter of mentality. And our mentality is clearly wrong. We're built to be a defensive team, I don't pretend us to outscore the opponent with our limited offensive options, but we should be a lot better than this on the other end.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I was going to write the same about def, points conceded after first quarter and first half, and so on...

So disappointing. We thought that Portland was going to tank, and they're winning after the deadline. Sometimes it's only a matter of mentality. And our mentality is clearly wrong. We're built to be a defensive team, I don't pretend us to outscore the opponent with our limited offensive options, but we should be a lot better than this on the other end.

Difficult when every game they throw the same careless passes.  10 turnovers at the half, most of them unforced.  Again it’s like they don’t really care.  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a pro team make so many unforced bad passes.  

Those turnovers usually lead to points for the other team.  

Sure, and in general the lack of attention for details is really deceiving. I was hoping more from the coach and the staff too.

• Upvote 1

Franz being benched in last ten minutes is a joke. F u Barry and the NBA. Typical Magic treatment trying to push Cade and Mobley, as the other top 3 ROY candidate  sits on bench. 

Oh and Cole is a very low IQ basketball player. Leave your teammate alone when he’s trying to make the free throw to win.