Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Yeah, Cole is brutal out there. It’s like he forgot how to play basketball. 2nd straight game of a fun first half and an abysmal 2nd half. Still no Fultz or Isaac… this season has been a rough one. Under 3 weeks until the trade deadline

Rough season indeed. Really hard to watch sometimes.

I think the ones who were so 100% enthusiastic about the rebuild don't have the right to be impatient with the process. It's not like we will immediately draft a bunch of starts and win right away. Also, it's not fair in this context to make so hard and definitive judges about some guys.  Come on, in this kind of process is just fair to sit and watch them lose and learn.

I wasn't a fan of the rebuild fever last year - I think we sold the house way too cheap - but now I understand we just have to watch this guys grow (and lose almost each night).

I said it before and I’ll say it again - I think Cole is a lot more like Evan Fournier with his streaky shooting and “1 in 5 great games” that tricks us and him into thinking he could be an elite scorer. Evan worse, he’s a PG who doesn’t have particularly great court vision to make the other players around him better. 

In my mind, Cole is Terrence Ross’s replacement as 6th man and potential scoring off the bench, and if anyone, Suggs / Fultz are still our long-term guards with the combination of extra intangibles they bring to the court. 

Also, do y’all think there is anything to Bamba starting over Wendell this game? Increase Bamba’s trade value? Wendell still had a better game. 

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Also, do y’all think there is anything to Bamba starting over Wendell this game? Increase Bamba’s trade value? Wendell still had a better game. 

Minutes restrictions for WCJ .

10 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again - I think Cole is a lot more like Evan Fournier with his streaky shooting and “1 in 5 great games” that tricks us and him into thinking he could be an elite scorer. Evan worse, he’s a PG who doesn’t have particularly great court vision to make the other players around him better. 

In my mind, Cole is Terrence Ross’s replacement as 6th man and potential scoring off the bench, and if anyone, Suggs / Fultz are still our long-term guards with the combination of extra intangibles they bring to the court. 

Cole reminds me, also, of Elfrid Payton. He is a streaky shooter like Payton was.  Elfrid would turn it on when he wanted to then disappear for a stretch of games. When he was traded to the Phoenix Suns, Elfrid cut his hair to please their fans, but that didn't help him. The fans wanted him gone because he was streaky.

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Cole reminds me, also, of Elfrid Payton. He is a streaky shooter like Payton was.  Elfrid would turn it on when he wanted to then disappear for a stretch of games. When he was traded to the Phoenix Suns, Elfrid cut his hair to please their fans, but that didn't help him. The fans wanted him gone because he was streaky.

I don’t think Cole and Elfrid are similar on offense. They are both above average rebounders for point guards, but Cole is a much better deep ball shooter. Elf was literally afraid to shoot jump shots when he was here.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I don’t think there’s anything here at all other than easing WCJ back after his hamstring injury. It also seems like we’re convinced WCJ is a 4. Also might be showcasing Bamba with the deadline coming up, I think he’s definitely on the block.