Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

21 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

as decent as anthony, franz and suggs (lately) have been, bamba and okeke are 2 incredible disasters this season. bamba was more of the same, never taking the supposed leap. and chuma regressed big time, I envisioned him as a solid starter in the near future, but he cannot even distinguish himself playing with a bunch of amateur besides him

As someone else said about Chuma, he’s meant to be a 3 and D power forward. Given that he’s in year two and playing on a team that’s a mess of a roster right now, we can afford to be patient with him. Bamba, meanwhile, is in year four and still can’t consistently make a positive impact. It’s time we move on, imho.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Starters looking really bad tonight. Look, I know Robin has amazing hair and shoots the hook shot, but I don’t like him as a starter.

I agree.  What's the harm in giving Mo Wagner more time on the floor?  He might be better than we think, and even if he isn't, obviously Lopez isn't the future.

I had the same question about Gravett.  Are the Magic afraid some of these guys will turn out to be as good as some of the players we're playing now and therefore they'll have difficult personnel decisions?  Why are we giving Hampton time at PG instead of Gravett?

BTW, Mo Wagner had the best +/- on the team last night at +12.  All the starters and Bamba were in the negative double digits.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree.  What's the harm in giving Mo Wagner more time on the floor?  He might be better than we think, and even if he isn't, obviously Lopez isn't the future.

I had the same question about Gravett.  Are the Magic afraid some of these guys will turn out to be as good as some of the players we're playing now and therefore they'll have difficult personnel decisions?  Why are we giving Hampton time at PG instead of Gravett?

BTW, Mo Wagner had the best +/- on the team last night at +12.  All the starters and Bamba were in the negative double digits.

I’m 100% with you. Mo Wagner is still young and has plenty of upside. My gut says he’ll be here longer than the other Mo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, Soul Bro said:

As someone else said about Chuma, he’s meant to be a 3 and D power forward. Given that he’s in year two and playing on a team that’s a mess of a roster right now, we can afford to be patient with him. Bamba, meanwhile, is in year four and still can’t consistently make a positive impact. It’s time we move on, imho.

Lowe was actually expecting more than the classic 3&D at the start of the season, and in the last article suggest that other priorities (vd Cole, Wagner) has taken away props from him.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/32420384/lowe-five-most-intriguing-players-nba-season

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Haha! I know.

Could it be, Mo has found his stroke?

I was actually sad when he lost his footing. I think he always had the ability, but not the nerve.