Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

COVID did not, the bs nba owners and pussified players union did this. Period. 

Pantomime world I agree

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/27/2021 at 5:27 AM, harley said:

Tough year huh. Personally now I don’t see the point in being fultz, Isaac etc back. What’s the point? Imagine them going down again in a game with 15 G leaguers in it. Bank a top 5 pick and go again. I reckon if Franz was in Covid protocol about 3 people would watch our games. 

Actually we’ve had better results with half our team being Lakeland guys than with our regulars. I prefer Lakeland as our second string vs our usual second string.  At least they play disciplined and cohesive ball.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Actually we’ve had better results with half our team being Lakeland guys than with our regulars. I prefer Lakeland as our second string vs our usual second string.  At least they play disciplined and cohesive ball.  

Our full strength second string would be

Suggs, Harris, Ross, Okeke, Bamba

They would obliterate the g league players. Stop it lol

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Our full strength second string would be

Suggs, Harris, Ross, Okeke, Bamba

They would obliterate the g league players. Stop it lol

Only if they play as a team.  Harris and Ross have been wildly inconsistent this year.  So has Bamba. 

But that’s not what I said in my post anyway. I said we’ve had better results this year compared to our usual second string.  Our usual second string so far this year is not that five.  Bamba Okeke and Suggs were mostly starting when healthy.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JJZFL said:

Only if they play as a team.  Harris and Ross have been wildly inconsistent this year.  So has Bamba. 

But that’s not what I said in my post anyway. I said we’ve had better results this year compared to our usual second string.  Our usual second string so far this year is not that five.  

I hear u again. My mistake. 

It's interesting you bring up the bench right after the Cam Reddish debate. One of the many things holding us back all these years is probably the least talented benches in the NBA the last decade. It's easy to point to our rebuild and our failed 1st round picks, and the few free agents we have had as being complete busts. The not so clear, subtle ineptitude is not making any trades for bench players. Nor ever developing some undrafted talent. Obviously the Heat are the current kings of that but other teams bring in fresh faces while we scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel for a full decade. 

I think we have turned the corner but we can't stop searching for talent. If we do make a trade i hope it's as the third team and we finally start to get some of those late round end of the bench guys and develop someone! Look at all those players on the Grizzlies right now, who knew those guys? I mean yeah i did and some of you follow the NBA but most only knew JA Morant! Those guys are killing it over there, and most were nobodies two years ago!

Another dreadful start. I’m doing my best this year, but the team is going out of their way to not put a watchable product on the floor. I don’t think I’m watching another full game until Markelle is back, and when that’s gonna be is anybody’s guess, seeing that there was video of him practicing 5 on 5 over a month ago.

Starters looking really bad tonight. Look, I know Robin has amazing hair and shoots the hook shot, but I don’t like him as a starter.

26 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Starters looking really bad tonight. Look, I know Robin has amazing hair and shoots the hook shot, but I don’t like him as a starter.

Yeah, my opinion on WCJ went up exponentially when I saw this team try to run half court offense without him

as decent as anthony, franz and suggs (lately) have been, bamba and okeke are 2 incredible disasters this season. bamba was more of the same, never taking the supposed leap. and chuma regressed big time, I envisioned him as a solid starter in the near future, but he cannot even distinguish himself playing with a bunch of amateur besides him