Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Washington favored by 4 on the betting sites for tonight’s game.  Not as much as I expected, considering that they’re 8-3 and we’re 3-9.  Hope for a strong showing from our guys tonight to bounce back quickly from the Brooklyn blowout.  Do not want to get into a spiral.  

We’re shooting 34% from the field as of the 4th quarter? We need to stop drafting “defensive guys who could maybe learn to shoot.” Man this is frustrating to watch. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We’re shooting 34% from the field as of the 4th quarter? We need to stop drafting “defensive guys who could maybe learn to shoot.” Man this is frustrating to watch. 

I guess we’re not as much fun to watch as people were predicting, judging by the lack of activity here during this game.  BTW, TMF posted a dedicated game thread for this game.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I guess we’re not as much fun to watch as people were predicting, judging by the lack of activity here during this game.  BTW, TMF posted a dedicated game thread for this game.  

A lot of rollercoasters as you would expect from a young team, a good game and everyone seem enthusiastic (sometimes a little too much), but the season is long, and even if there'll be a few obvious blowouts, what I want to see is effort (from all players) and good choices/habits by the coaching staff, with consequent team and individual improvement. Small sample still, we've seen some flashes... but nothing more than that until now.

11 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

100%

On 11/14/2021 at 1:59 AM, TreyMachine said:

2 of our last 3 draft picks are Cole Anthony and Franz Wagner, neither of whom fit this description. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

2 of our last 3 draft picks are Cole Anthony and Franz Wagner, neither of whom fit this description. 

Could really say that wasn't the report for Jalen either:

2021 NBA Draft: Jalen Suggs scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparisons | NBA.com Canada | The official site of the NBA

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Or Chuma Okeke either (despite his bad percentages this year so far)

I think that is a return that is going very much under the radar. Chuma is playing some good defense, and every shot he put up last night looked like it was going in - really nice stroke!

man how did I forget Chuma, I love Chuma! oh I'm a bad fan! 

I know I'm being dramatic but he needs the love.

I really hope the really encouraging performances from him and others recently are a harbinger of things to come 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, Luke_FfS said:

A lot of rollercoasters as you would expect from a young team, a good game and everyone seem enthusiastic (sometimes a little too much), but the season is long, and even if there'll be a few obvious blowouts, what I want to see is effort (from all players) and good choices/habits by the coaching staff, with consequent team and individual improvement. Small sample still, we've seen some flashes... but nothing more than that until now. 

Everything will work out if you have a clear idea of the goal and go to it. :)