Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Seriously we need talent. Any kind of talent. This team has drafted nothing but projects or busts for a decade. For god sakes i don't watch nuggets games, but i do read box scores. i noticed 2 games where AG played 30 minutes plus and had less then 13 points and 2 rebounds...this year! These guys are showing us they are not Mario, not Elfrid. We just need some luck in keeping them healthy. Future is bright.

• Upvote 1

Ha can't believe people are hating on Cole ATM, sure he has some warts, but what second year player doesn't! We took him at 15, he's outperformed every player in that draft , maybe bar Edwards ( who's less effecient). Go back and watch both games against Charlotte, Cole completely schooled Lamelo everytime. He's fast becoming my all time favourite player. He's gonna be a perfect 6th man when we're good IMO

• Upvote 1

Finally got to watch the Jazz game. 

Probably the best defensive game of Bamba's career.

Probably the best RJ game this season. 

Cole was awesome on offense but I thought he was great defensively too.

Suggs struggled massively. He had a couple shots rejected by Gobert and then he was just so uncertain in the pick and roll after that and turned it over a handful of times. 

Carter was awesome too. I want him to be that aggressive with his jumper every night. It's good that he's making them more often but he needs to keep taking them when he's open. Drag the defense out to him and open up room for the guards when they run a DHO. 

He didn't pop off the box score this game but Franz had some impressive moments again. I think there's a non zero chance he could be a star if he can turn some of these flashes into consistencies. 

23 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Finally got to watch the Jazz game. 

Probably the best defensive game of Bamba's career.

Probably the best RJ game this season. 

Cole was awesome on offense but I thought he was great defensively too.

Suggs struggled massively. He had a couple shots rejected by Gobert and then he was just so uncertain in the pick and roll after that and turned it over a handful of times. 

Carter was awesome too. I want him to be that aggressive with his jumper every night. It's good that he's making them more often but he needs to keep taking them when he's open. Drag the defense out to him and open up room for the guards when they run a DHO. 

He didn't pop off the box score this game but Franz had some impressive moments again. I think there's a non zero chance he could be a star if he can turn some of these flashes into consistencies. 

This was a statement game from WCJ. I mean, it remains to be seen if the guy can do this game to game and year to year. However, the simple fact that he could shoot 3 of 4 from the 3 point line and pull down 15 boards and dish 6 assists. Plus he has actual post moves. Against Gobert, just wow!

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

This was a statement game from WCJ. I mean, it remains to be seen if the guy can do this game to game and year to year. However, the simple fact that he could shoot 3 of 4 from the 3 point line and pull down 15 boards and dish 6 assists. Plus he has actual post moves. Against Gobert, just wow!

Yea there was so much to enjoy about his performance honestly it's the type of game that makes you think he could be a long term keeper not just a guy to throw into trades with his nice contract. Which is crazy because it was also a great game from Bamba and, while I think they've shown they can coexist to some degree, I do think at some point we're going to have to decide which of these two is our guy at the 5. 

One of the 3s Carter attempted legit surprised me because all this season he has basically only taken the wide open, stepping in, top of the key 3. And so often he gets open on the perimeter and doesn't even look at the rim he just looks to flow into a DHO so it was a genuine delight to see him just catch and shoot without hesitation. 

Just now, MagicFanDan said:

With no shot blocker in the game for the nets, we need to be driving all game. 

Who can consistently drive to the rim on the roster? )

Not a fun game, oh well on to the next one. 

Good thing for tonight is the NBA League pass condensed version, so I don’t have to waste 3 hours watching a blowout after a 12 hour work day :)

• Upvote 1