Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

For those who could not watch wondering if coaches tank. They do not, when the game was close all the guys who weren't effective went to the bench. Mosley went for the win, Bamba, Suggs and Ross rode the pine the last quarter. Bamba was ok this game it's just WCJ was a beast! Suggs and Ross were bricking shots left and right so they rode pine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

I disagree about Cole, I have no problem saying I hate this dude. The definition of a selfish basketball player. Sure, he's hitting shots..tonight. He's also holding the ball the entirety of every possession so that nobody else touches the ball. Barkley talked about this on TNT one night, that there are many bad players in the league who think they're good because they put up a ton of shots. Cole is a team killer, he'll shoot you out of games as often or even more than he'll keep you in them. The goal of basketball is to create the highest percentage shot possible. He wants none of that, he wants to attempt circus shots to get reactions from the crowd because that's more important to him than fundamental team basketball. He's  100 percent a team killing selfish player, and the last kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team. I'm totally fine with people disagreeing with me on him, as I know most will.

I'm not going to say any of us know what is most important to him but I will absolutely say a large chunk of his decision making is definitely very selfish and infuriating. I didn't get to see this one but what he did against SAS was just abysmal and hopefully that ship will start to right itself when Markelle gets back and his minutes are limited to that 6th man role. Right now he is it and doesn't always know what to do with that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

RJ HAMPTON!!!

Yall, Markelle truly doesn’t have his starting PG job with how Cole is playing. No way. This is a crazy start I didn’t see coming during the preseason. 

Nah this team seriously needs a calm head at the top. His spot is safe.

Shout out to Moseley for leaving RJ and Harris out there instead of bring Suggs and Ross back in, who were both having bad games. 
Cole is the alpha we’ve been looking for and I am seeing a lot of early TMac In RJ. And I’M talking Toronto TMac so don’t get your panties in a bunch. Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It’s amazing to log on and see some of our players getting trashed. Really? This was an incredible team win… one of the best wins in some time. Credit where it’s due. Great coaching and great win!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad this is the first game I chose to go to this year, first half the crowd was very disappointing and you heard more Utah fans than Magic fans, but after half time you could actually tell this was a home game for us, and those last 3 minutes were incredible with the energy the fans brought. Great win 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How could anyone trash Cole Anthony right now? He's the reason we've been in so many games this year. The only time I see him get selfish is when he's feeling it. He's looked more and more like a good distributor this year.

Big plays from RJ and Gary in the 4th.

Hopefully Chuma finds his rhythm soon.

Suggs needs to work on his handle and when to shoot/pass in the lane especially but I'll give him time.

It's a great day to be a Magic fan

• Upvote 1

Even though Cole got sloppy with the dribbles under pressure, his effort on the play that ended with the RJ 3 was awesome. The man wants to win. Once he calms down and gets more team minded I think he will be part of a great future for our team.

• Like 1

Cole has that DOG in him. Kid could be a superstar. Way to stay ready RJ! Great young team win. Wendell is a beast. I love this team!

Good thing tonight is making enough plays in the clutch to bring home a W!

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

It’s amazing to log on and see some of our players getting trashed. Really? This was an incredible team win… one of the best wins in some time. Credit where it’s due. Great coaching and great win!

Agree. Important that we stay competitive and get some wins to avoid having the team become demoralized.  Tonight was a win against a high quality opponent also.  Well done!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

And it's amazing to me that people never stopped touting AG even after it was conclusively proven he wasn't worthy of the praise, yet it continued for years on this forum. It seems Anthony is the next player people are going to drastically overvalue. You'd think people would be sick of seeing bad basketball around here, yet it seems many have been seduced into believing And 1 selfishness is solid play from a "potential superstar".

I get that people want to see success after a horrid and failed decade long rebuild, but I guess some people need to get burned again before they learn their lesson.

I was at the game and maybe it allows me to experience more then you watching on video, but it doesn't quite jive with the players reactions and attitudes to his game and to what he is doing. I do agree that he seems to get "can't nobody guard me" syndrome on occasion or "I can shoot as good as Steph curry" attitude, but my mostly he is making winning plays and playing team defense. One of the biggest issues with James Harden style players is they only to seem to play offense, whereas it does seem like Cole is trying to do both. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1