Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He scored 2 points and took only 2 shots in 27 minutes in a game where we struggled for offense. Why would that performance be worthy of winning with anyone? 

They did double team him almost every time he had the ball.  We had some decent looks for three but shot under 30%.  That and 18 turnovers really hurt us.  Personally, I prefer for Ross to pass out of a double team and get a decent look for someone else, rather than forcing up a very low percentage shot.  

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why the ***** is Suggs shooting these tough forced 3s against bigs on a switch when he's not even a competent catch and shoot guy? It's a failure of coaching to not cut this **** out. Doing **** you're bad at in games is not development.

Also just give me a Franz/Okeke/WCJ frontcourt for 30 mins a night already.

Lol! Welcome to live tv viewing! I totally agree on moving Chuma to the SL. Would love that move.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

They did double team him almost every time he had the ball.  We had some decent looks for three but shot under 30%.  That and 18 turnovers really hurt us.  Personally, I prefer for Ross to pass out of a double team and get a decent look for someone else, rather than forcing up a very low percentage shot.  

Exactly my point if he looked for his shot out of the double team and we lost the blame would’ve been on him regardless 

There are a few players on this team that we should expect more from, and they’re the vets. Ross, Harris, Lopez, MCW and Moore. No one else on the team is older than 24. Lopez, MCW and Moore aren’t playing, and who knows if/when they will so their influence has to be felt in the locker room and at practice. Harris and Ross are getting minutes and both need to be better than they have been. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

I don't want any of the vets playing, to be honest. Play the young guys and give them as much experience as possible. Playing the vets, who honestly aren't very good to begin with, isn't going to lead to drastically more wins, if any. This team isn't going to be competitive, literally the only thing that can be accomplished this season is growth for the young guys. To me, every second you give to a vet and/or player that won't be part of the future is a total waste of time. We've already blown a 9 year rebuild and had to start over, lets not do the exact same thing again.

It comes down to what the best way is to develop players.  Many think that a mix of vets and young players is the best approach, and helps avoid having the younger guys develop bad habits.  Also, to the extent the vets help the team stay competitive (not sure if that's the case with us), that also helps player development.  Nothing good comes out of getting blown out repeatedly.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Mo Bamba just isn't for me. I hoped for so long. And, credit where credit is due, he's been a lot better this season than previous years but he's still not what I think a starting center looks like. He has like a 10 foot standing reach and guards still score over him, his hands aren't great, he's slow laterally, he can't dribble or pass. He's basically if Channing Frye blocked more shots. I honestly hope he proves me wrong but I don't really want to pay him 10+ mil a season to find out if he can.

Mo Bamba has NBA level talent. Let's hope our new coach can continue bringing it to the surface.  Mo was rotting away under Steve Clifford.