Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

no one in MGMT listens..... every off season every F****in one of us says we need "SHOOTERS" - not chuckers. I'm not knocking cole or anyone. However we need a high 30's consistent 3 point shooter. Franz may be that guy in the future. Obviously not at the moment, but hopefully in the future.

And we have the dumbest turnovers.

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mo Bamba just isn't for me. I hoped for so long. And, credit where credit is due, he's been a lot better this season than previous years but he's still not what I think a starting center looks like. He has like a 10 foot standing reach and guards still score over him, his hands aren't great, he's slow laterally, he can't dribble or pass. He's basically if Channing Frye blocked more shots. I honestly hope he proves me wrong but I don't really want to pay him 10+ mil a season to find out if he can.

This is like Mo's second real year playing.  Let's see how he develops this year.  I mean we did throw a boat load of cash at Bismack Biyombo....That guy had terrible hands, shot, and awareness.  

Dejounte Murray should be who Jalen Suggs looks at. Plays defense, rebounds, makes plays for others, takes 3s when he's open but otherwise gets his offense at the rim and jn the midrange. 

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason said:

This is like Mo's second real year playing.  Let's see how he develops this year.  I mean we did throw a boat load of cash at Bismack Biyombo....That guy had terrible hands, shot, and awareness.  

Making a terrible mistake in the past under a different front office has no bearing on what we should do in the present and future. 

• Upvote 2

You wait the season out with Bamba. Plenty of bigs in this years draft lottery means we can easily decide to not match if he gets an offer. Personally I would let him go. Doesn't bring what you need from a modern center for me, has no mobility or athleticism. I legit don't think he's capable of jumping most times I watch. His screens are shocking as well.

Was a frustating game tonight though. We had numerous chances to close up and missed repeated good looks over and over again.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mo Bamba just isn't for me. I hoped for so long. And, credit where credit is due, he's been a lot better this season than previous years but he's still not what I think a starting center looks like. He has like a 10 foot standing reach and guards still score over him, his hands aren't great, he's slow laterally, he can't dribble or pass. He's basically if Channing Frye blocked more shots. I honestly hope he proves me wrong but I don't really want to pay him 10+ mil a season to find out if he can.

Yeah, one of our biggest issues on offense right now is that Mo literally gets a point guard switched on to him multiple times a game and is never able to take advantage 

Terrence has either really bought in to this be a playmaker thing or he is being overly passive to make a point. Over the last 5 games his field goal attempts are 2, 6, 3, 5, 7. That’s not his game.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Terrence has either really bought in to this be a playmaker thing or he is being overly passive to make a point. Over the last 5 games his field goal attempts are 2, 6, 3, 5, 7. That’s not his game.

It feels like Ross does this at least once a season. He has some god awful shooting games where he's selfish, presumably is called out by his coaches, then has a string of incredibly passive games where he makes the 'right play' over and over but doesn't really create many good looks. 

40 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Ross can’t win with y’all I swear lmao

There’s no world where Ross should play 27 minutes and only shoot the ball twice. I don’t think that’s debatable. His skill set is to get hot and provide bench scoring in bunches. You can’t score if you don’t shoot. Maybe this is how Moseley wants him to play, and I’m just not used to his new role, it very well could be, and if that’s the case, I still don’t agree with it. I think we’re not utilizing one of our best players properly and it’s hurting the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Ross can’t win with y’all I swear lmao

He scored 2 points and took only 2 shots in 27 minutes in a game where we struggled for offense. Why would that performance be worthy of winning with anyone?