Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Tough watch. Hardest thing for me is for all the first round picks from both sides ours were taken higher yet they look so much better. Our offence like forever has been putrid. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, harley said:

Tough watch. Hardest thing for me is for all the first round picks from both sides ours were taken higher yet they look so much better. Our offence like forever has been putrid. 

Spurs do much better job developing their players…

• Upvote 1

First game watching live this season. Our offense is desperate for a guy who can consistently create offense for himself. Really hope Suggs can be that eventually because that dude is so strong. The layup where McDermott challenged him and Suggs just landed on his feet after the and 1 was crazy impressive. 

There's a weird thing with Bamba and WCJ where they're both varying levels of competent on both ends but neither of them really move the needle on either end so when they're on the floor together it's fine but when our guards are struggling to create things our front court doesn't have enough to pick up the slack. I'd be moving one of them to the bench for Okeke (or eventually Isaac) as soon as we feel Okeke can play 30 mins.  At least Okeke gives you another guy who can pass, dribble, shoot and guard on the perimeter.

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

First game watching live this season. Our offense is desperate for a guy who can consistently create offense for himself. Really hope Suggs can be that eventually because that dude is so strong. The layup where McDermott challenged him and Suggs just landed on his feet after the and 1 was crazy impressive. 

Yes, after he improves shooting, driving, dribbling…

Fultz will open up everyone’s game once he comes back. He knows how to get guys shots where they are comfortable, how to find guys on the break, and hit them in stride when they cut to the basket. This will hopefully remove Gary Harris from our rotation and send Cole to the bench to help our 2nd unit out. Chuma should be starting soon which will move Bamba to the bench as well. This will help balance our roster because our 2nd unit is laughable right now. If he hasn’t lost his explosiveness he also knows how to get to the rim and finish through contact. Things we are severely lacking at the moment.

Why the ***** is Suggs shooting these tough forced 3s against bigs on a switch when he's not even a competent catch and shoot guy? It's a failure of coaching to not cut this **** out. Doing **** you're bad at in games is not development.

Also just give me a Franz/Okeke/WCJ frontcourt for 30 mins a night already.

Mo Bamba just isn't for me. I hoped for so long. And, credit where credit is due, he's been a lot better this season than previous years but he's still not what I think a starting center looks like. He has like a 10 foot standing reach and guards still score over him, his hands aren't great, he's slow laterally, he can't dribble or pass. He's basically if Channing Frye blocked more shots. I honestly hope he proves me wrong but I don't really want to pay him 10+ mil a season to find out if he can.

• Upvote 1