Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Who was the guy that said he’s done with the Magic this year? Lol. Let’s go!!!

Lmao was gonna say the exact same thing. 

56 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

I think that hinges on Fultz still having his explosiveness. Some guys are not the same after blowing their ACL. If Fultz lack the quickness to keep up Defensively then he is useless to this team. I think Cole maybe has passed him and should start. And again maybe we revisit Issac or Fultz for Ben Simmons if we need someone to just be a better playmaker. Simmons is a way better defender then Fultz and I think a great fit with Franz, Cole and Suggs.

I don’t think there’s any way you can bench Cole with how he’s playing. I get it, long term he projects as a 6th man but that projection is looking dead wrong. I’m a huge Fultz guy but unless Cole comes back down to earth you can’t bench him. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not sure Fultz can do what Cole just did

In terms of shooting definitely not. It's hard to see where Fultz fits with Cole playing this well and Suggs needing some minutes at PG for development. And pre injury Fultz was my favourite Magic player.

I guess he'll eat up all of the RJ at PG minutes (thankfully) but that's not a lot. 

Fell asleep in the 2nd quarter after working a back to back shift. Disappointed to miss watching a win, seeing a clip of that dunk almost made up for it though!

Need to see Cole after 20+ games rather than a handful but it is definitely pleasing to see the assists he's racking up. He's been reading plays much better so picking when to pass and taking good shooting options rather than chucking is the biggest positive so far in these early games for me.

Suggs doesn't worry me at all. Defence is great, shot looks good it's just not dropping. Handles need a lot of work but thats par for the course as a rookie PG.

Franz is looking great, I was a bit meh with the pick, knew he would be solid on the defensive end but on offense he's been great too which is surprising. Helps having a coach that plays a modern style and emphasises the corner 3 compared to Cliffords old school playstyle that I hated to watch. Means I actually enjoy the games even when we lose. I just hope the shouts at the tv yelling box out become fewer and fewer as the season goes on (it's maddening for me, especially Bamba!) Obviously super small sample sizes and very early days but hopefully the young uns keep it up.

• Upvote 1

Watched he whole second half, great win. Cole is really rounding out, he was always an alpha scorer personality, now he is doing all the little things and lighting it up. Can't believe i was calling him Cameron Payne a few weeks ago. Franz is a scorer and moves like a Small forward. I was worried about the growth spurt and summer league play. Glad i was wrong. Future looks bright in the front court. Please get healthy Fultz and Isaac. We could be a problem in the second half of the season.

Franz dunk was the number one play on sports center. 

Anyone going to the game tomorrow night?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Fell asleep in the 2nd quarter after working a back to back shift. Disappointed to miss watching a win, seeing a clip of that dunk almost made up for it though!

Need to see Cole after 20+ games rather than a handful but it is definitely pleasing to see the assists he's racking up. He's been reading plays much better so picking when to pass and taking good shooting options rather than chucking is the biggest positive so far in these early games for me.

Suggs doesn't worry me at all. Defence is great, shot looks good it's just not dropping. Handles need a lot of work but thats par for the course as a rookie PG.

Franz is looking great, I was a bit meh with the pick, knew he would be solid on the defensive end but on offense he's been great too which is surprising. Helps having a coach that plays a modern style and emphasises the corner 3 compared to Cliffords old school playstyle that I hated to watch. Means I actually enjoy the games even when we lose. I just hope the shouts at the tv yelling box out become fewer and fewer as the season goes on (it's maddening for me, especially Bamba!) Obviously super small sample sizes and very early days but hopefully the young uns keep it up.

Great post!

• Like 1

What are our chances vs the Celts? Rumors of Brown and Tatum not passing and playing hero ball could be our advantage. Might sneak out with a win!