Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with pretty much all of that except Suggs.  The guy is clearly a great competitor.  He may be the only thing that holds this team together, by force of will, if they continue to lose most of their games.   We’ve desperately needed someone like him.  

Well let me elaborate...

He's been borderline awful. I don't think that means he was a bad pick or a bust. He's just not showing anything yet. Doesn't mean he can't or won't. He's 7 games into his career. Far too early to be calling him any sort of bust.

1 hour ago, Suggs MVP said:

Welp already given up on this garbage dump. Call me next year. This is unwatchable. 

See you in a couple days!

7 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Well let me elaborate...

He's been borderline awful. I don't think that means he was a bad pick or a bust. He's just not showing anything yet. Doesn't mean he can't or won't. He's 7 games into his career. Far too early to be calling him any sort of bust.

There are a lot of effort plays and other things Suggs does that don’t show up well on stat sheets.  I wish we had three of him.  He has third best +/- on the team, for example.   He’s -1.1.  Ross is minus 19.  Harris is minus 16.   They haven’t been borderline awful; they’ve just been awful.  

Eh i didn't get to watch the game, and i don't think i'll watch the replay after reading the comments. However just from Box score diving i'd bet we lost because we have to rely on our non shooting youngsters. Seems Detroit got a bit more from their vets. And we have almost useless T-Ross and Gary Harris as our vets. As much as we love Ross when he goes human torch the guy is useless 3/4ths of the time, doing almost nothing else but score. We lose because despite having some vets on the roster it's almost all youth minutes. Give the guys a break, Suggs will learn to shoot. Rookies don't win 4th quarters. Cole can score, Rj on the fast break and sometimes we get a mismatch with our twin towers line up. Wagner legit getting buckets out there, but he isn't a creator. That's the one thing we are still missing. Cole is about it until Fultz comes back. I'm willing to give Suggs the whole year, this is a tough spot to be in.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

See you in a couple days!

God no the Orlando Magic product has been atrocious since Dwight left I’m not putting any more time or effort or money into this organization till they actually invest in a winning product

We must trade Ross and Harris as soon as possible. I know that we need some veterans etc but both of them are not those players…before the trade deadline they would be valuable for contenders…

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We must trade Ross and Harris as soon as possible. I know that we need some veterans etc but both of them are not those players…before the trade deadline they would be valuable for contenders…

Agreed! Our veterans should be high bb iq players who are also hard nosed players.

Calling Keith Bogans now. Lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

HATE TO SAY IT.... no i dont... JJ redick would have been perfect.

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

HATE TO SAY IT.... no i dont... JJ redick would have been perfect.

Is JJ even playing this year? He looked cooked last time i saw him. He could still shoot, but hey Ennis can shoot the 3 a bit and he is still unemployed.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Is JJ even playing this year? He looked cooked last time i saw him. He could still shoot, but hey Ennis can shoot the 3 a bit and he is still unemployed.

I believe JJ retired