Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Moseley should have let the team play it out. And Suggs has a layup. Instead draws up a lame one on one play for Anthony and gets stripped. Good job coach!

Agreed, you gotta either play through or call a timeout as soon as you get that defensive rebound. Also was frustrating to not see our last timeout called as soon as Cole recovered the ball in the backcourt.

Still a great effort to not fold. Both Suggs and Wagner making huge plays down the stretch is a great sign

1 minute ago, Eskobar said:

Anthony shot well but man there's just something about his game that I don't like.

It’s that he’s being asked to play PG when he’s obviously not a primary ball handler. He gets the ball slapped out of his hand on every other drive. Can’t wait until Markelle is around so we can play him off ball

Good thing for tonight is Jalen Suggs. His shot looks good, it’ll start to fall more. His defense is already above average with elite potential, and I loved seeing him challenge Coach Moseley over that timeout call near the end of the game. Point guard in the NBA is the most difficult position to master in all of sports, so we’ll need to be patient, but I’m confident Suggs is that dude.

• Upvote 2

I feel for Suggs man I can really tell he wanted that one, and I know it would’ve been a great story for Suggs to hit the game winner. But I think coach did the right choice going with Cole for the last shot, Cole was feeling it that game.

• Upvote 1

I dont know why somebody doesnt just go ahead and start their own Live on Youtube or wherever Calling of the Orlando Games... I'm sure there would be some people knowledgeable and enthusiastic enough to do it. Who knows it might get enough of a following that it sparks something. I'm not talking about streaming of the games and showing the video which would be copyright.

I've never been this excited and optimistic about watching a team go 1-5. Franz and Suggs are both amazing and Mo and WCJ are exceeding expectations . And Cole Anthony??? Love this guy. Might be a star in this league

Starting 5 again with great +/- numbers. Bench were very poor again, Just getting a couple of players back into the rotation should mean a lot of games will remain close, competitive and fun to watch. As usual, no info on when any of them are likely to return. Sure can be annoying with how tight lipped this organisation is on everything.

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Starting 5 again with great +/- numbers. Bench were very poor again, Just getting a couple of players back into the rotation should mean a lot of games will remain close, competitive and fun to watch. As usual, no info on when any of them are likely to return. Sure can be annoying with how tight lipped this organisation is on everything.

Better than the alternative under Otis where everything used to leak to the media normally to the FO’s detriment.

Then again, y’all remember that one account (I think the Moldy Hobo?) like a decade ago that would just come here and drop clear insider knowledge of signings and trades before they happened to the board? The account was legendary - What a time! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

After last nights game our starting 5 has the best net rating in the league of 5 man lineups that have played at least 48 minutes together! lol

• Upvote 1

That first bench lineup with Hampton and Lopez was absolutely terrible.  Moseley will have to keep experimenting with different lineups until he finds something that works.  

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s that he’s being asked to play PG when he’s obviously not a primary ball handler. He gets the ball slapped out of his hand on every other drive. Can’t wait until Markelle is around so we can play him off ball

Not sure I agree with that.  Cole had 5 assists and two turnovers.  The ball seems to move well when he’s in the game and it doesn’t move at all when both he and Suggs are out.  

With everyone healthy our starting 5 would probably be Fultz, Suggs, Chum, Issac, Carter. That would make our bench improve a lot Cole, Ross, Harris, Franz, Bamba