Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

13 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Wow. That sucks. I get league pass since i'm here on the west coast, and most of the time, the games start during my commute home, so I like to listen to at least the beginning of the game on the radio when I'm driving home. Tonight was the first time I noticed that there was no unique radio broadcast, and obviously commentators for television won't be commentating with the assumption that their audience can't see what's going on.

I mean, admittedly I wasn't a fan of the radio team, but I do miss having an independent radio call

You’re absolutely correct.  Unfortunately our broadcasting teams are pretty bad in general.  The radio guys often wouldn’t describe what was happening on the court very well, but it was better than the TV broadcasters, who go off on tangents all the time and don’t talk about the game at all during those intervals.  

12 hours ago, Eskobar said:

Steele and Goukas were pretty decent together. Steele and Turner are not great. I was thinking exactly what you said here last night at one point, "what the hell are these two babbling about".

But in one sense I get it, they've been forced to watch bad basketball for many years now and are probably bored out of their minds. Steele seems to have to force his enthusiasm now whereas I didn't really notice that years ago.

I agree.  I think Steele is good but he’s losing it over time because of being paired with Turner.  

This might be Jalens break out game. Playing the team that passed up on him he might come out very aggressive looking to prove something 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eskobar said:

Steele and Goukas were pretty decent together. Steele and Turner are not great. I was thinking exactly what you said here last night at one point, "what the hell are these two babbling about".

But in one sense I get it, they've been forced to watch bad basketball for many years now and are probably bored out of their minds. Steele seems to have to force his enthusiasm now whereas I didn't really notice that years ago.

I did like Steele and Goukas together back in the day.

Not a fan of Steele and Turner. Wasn't a fan of Goukas and Richie Audobato (mostly due to the latter).

Steele does seem bored now. They spend so much time on "Is This Anything?" and ends up boring me out of my mind.

Still a shame there's no more separate radio broadcast. I've developed an affinity for sports radio broadcasts. Probably helps that I'm here in the Bay Area, and I have Mike Krukow, Duane Kuiper, and Jon Miller on the radio for Giants baseball, which might be my favorite announce team in all of sports history, and even the Warriors radio team is pretty solid. Like I said, gametime for Orlando typically happens when I'm on my commute home from work, so in that instance I'd rather listen to an actual radio broadcast intended for listening, rather than hearing the audio only of a TV broadcast that assumes I'm watching. I was even able to tolerate Audobato for the brief time I'd be listening in that instance.

Oh well, I guess I'll learn to make due.

24 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I did like Steele and Goukas together back in the day.

Not a fan of Steele and Turner. Wasn't a fan of Goukas and Richie Audobato (mostly due to the latter).

Steele does seem bored now. They spend so much time on "Is This Anything?" and ends up boring me out of my mind.

Still a shame there's no more separate radio broadcast. I've developed an affinity for sports radio broadcasts. Probably helps that I'm here in the Bay Area, and I have Mike Krukow, Duane Kuiper, and Jon Miller on the radio for Giants baseball, which might be my favorite announce team in all of sports history, and even the Warriors radio team is pretty solid. Like I said, gametime for Orlando typically happens when I'm on my commute home from work, so in that instance I'd rather listen to an actual radio broadcast intended for listening, rather than hearing the audio only of a TV broadcast that assumes I'm watching. I was even able to tolerate Audobato for the brief time I'd be listening in that instance.

Oh well, I guess I'll learn to make due.

I agree with you.  Even though I didn’t think our radio crew did a very good job describing what was going on, it was still way better than listening to the TV crew talking about who knows what.  It’s definitely better to have radio broadcasters.   Maybe if we’re ever good again, there will be enough revenue coming in to justify hiring a new radio team.  

This second unit is a disaster.  Any offense that depends on Robin Lopez dribbling the ball isn’t going to work.  Ball movement has totally stopped.  

Yeah, RJ needs to sit, honestly is playing G league level basketball.

Hear me out here, there’s a world where all 3 of these rookies are extremely legit basketball players. Scottie looks great, but Jalen and Franz are ballin too. Also, our rooks are much better on D

• Like 1